GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In Praise Of Sniper Mode"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 10:24
Regular
What is the best element of gameplay ever utilized in a computer game?

Some might say it's when a car handles perfectly, as in Gran Turismo 3 or Crazy Taxi 2.
Some might suggest it's when a beat-em-up move can be used with devastating effect, like the Dragon Punch in Street Fighter.
Others might claim that it's when your well thought-out plans achieve success in a Real Time Strategy game.

But for me, the best element of gameplay ever utilized in a game has got to be "Sniper Mode".
It matters not what game it appears in - GoldenEye, Solider Of Fortune, Red Faction, Perfect Dark, MDK2 - it's simply the pinnacle of gameplay, something I believe no one can become tired of.
I don't know which game Sniper Mode first featured in, but which ever game it was, I'd just like to say: "Amen for that!"

Yeah I know it's a little bit twisted to zoom in close on some oblivious geezer's head and then pull the trigger, but what the heck, it's the most satisfying and addictive aspect of gameplay ever realized. My conscience is clean, unlike the wall behind every victim's head.
Sun 14/10/01 at 18:53
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
the must funnist weapon ever, closely fallowed by the emaciator, from turok rage wars
Sun 14/10/01 at 00:03
Regular
*Bows down* hail the sniper !
Sat 13/10/01 at 23:19
Regular
yup. *swigs a beer* yup
Sat 13/10/01 at 23:15
Silent Scope would never have been if it wasn`t for the sniper mode .
Sat 13/10/01 at 23:09
Regular
Grand theft auto 3 has a sniper mode and you can blow the heads off of innocent bistanders...oh and mafia guys too mwuahahahahhaha
*drools* roll on october 26th
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:52
???????????????
You confused me again . You are REALLY weird . No offence meant . ;OD
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:44
No matter, I knew it was a joke... I can read people's thoughts you see. That's the trouble with conversing by keyboard. But everyone knows that, I suppose.
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:41
Sorry , I forgot to put the ;OD at the end , to show it was only a joke .
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:34
Hey, I'm having an off day. Please try again tomorrow.
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:28
* 223 gets out his IQ-tester machine and walks towards DeltaJava *
* DeltaJava screams and confesses that he is dim afterall *

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.