GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Galaxies has launched (by the way)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars Galaxies'.
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:27
Regular
The general consensus is, however, don't bother...

The launch was a case of Massively Hyped and Anticipated Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game gets launched too early too buggy with too many features missing.
Mon 14/07/03 at 00:19
Regular
What you've read is what Lucas Arts promised.

The players are telling us half of it isn't there.
Sun 13/07/03 at 19:58
Regular
cipro wrote:
> It was released in America last month, the 26th I think.

Fair enough - last time I read up on it (fairly recently), it was apparently a long way off. But after some research, I have now found that the reason it's been released so quickly is because they didn't include the option of space travel. It's going to be in an add-on released later this year.

Hopefully the Xbox version will have both included, and when I get Live, I'll pick up a copy. From what I've read, it really does look like a fantastic game.
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:22
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Indeed he will.
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:20
Regular
Kyp will be most displeased by this news.
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:19
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Isn't it obvious?

He doesn't need to ever play the game, he has GamesTM.
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:17
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Galaxies isn't out yet.
>
> And besides, it's going to be amazing.

You're such a knob.

Last I heard there were about 1000 people signed up, and it's pretty toss. Doesn't even do half of what was promised.

But what did you expect? It's LucasArts Star Wars cash-in number 22.
Sun 13/07/03 at 16:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
And it got 7.5 on Gamespot: "A short while after the game's release, there's a lot of breadth to Star Wars Galaxies, but there isn't a lot of depth."
Sun 13/07/03 at 16:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It was released in America last month, the 26th I think.
Sun 13/07/03 at 16:04
Regular
Galaxies isn't out yet.

And besides, it's going to be amazing.
Sat 12/07/03 at 18:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Galaxies looked promising, but then so did Planetside and I've seen comments by allot of gamers saying how bad that game is.

Anyway, not all is lost, the highly acclaimed Eve Online looks very good indeed, and has got tons of praise by gamers and game journalists alike. It's slightly like Galaxies in that it's set in a massive universe you can explore at will. You can get jobs as miners, security, even bounty hunters to seek out lawless players, and if your very good, become the leader of your own galactic empire. I may very well give that game a try myself, and give galaxies a miss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.