GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy? Which one to get?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 00:24
Regular
Gonna get a FF title for the PS1 but unsurewhich one to buy? I've played through most of IX but it was my mates n i've moved so gave it back. Fancy trying VII or VIII which one is better? Really enjoyed the 'cartoony' graphics and sensibilities of IX. Watch people play X and it diddn't really captivate me? (although i do understand it is a great title! but not got a PS2?)

Help me please!!!
Tue 08/07/03 at 00:24
Regular
Gonna get a FF title for the PS1 but unsurewhich one to buy? I've played through most of IX but it was my mates n i've moved so gave it back. Fancy trying VII or VIII which one is better? Really enjoyed the 'cartoony' graphics and sensibilities of IX. Watch people play X and it diddn't really captivate me? (although i do understand it is a great title! but not got a PS2?)

Help me please!!!
Tue 08/07/03 at 00:25
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
VII, why ask?
Tue 08/07/03 at 00:45
Regular
"I'm Great."
I second that. Move on to FF VIII from there and if you enjoy them then go from there.
Tue 08/07/03 at 00:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
they're all pretty good....start from FF7 or 6 onwards
Tue 08/07/03 at 00:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If you can only get 1 then no doubt get FF 7 however if you can get them both play 8 first because otherwise 7 is so good it'd just ruin your enjoyment of 8, which in my opinion is inferior.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:04
"griever"
ff vii plays like a dream whcih you would soon forget.
ff viii is far superior to vii if you are grown up enough to appreciate it.
i dont know what it is but vii is just shallow
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Despite what Lionheart says, VII is one of the least shallow games I've ever played. The storyline is intricate and nicely interwoven, the magic system is still producing brilliant things today, and it really is a joy to play.
Mon 14/07/03 at 09:00
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Bring back materia! REMAKE THIS GAME FOR PS2! Definatly get VII, despite having less disks than VIII its atleast twice as long and has much more extra bits to do!
Mon 14/07/03 at 09:19
"griever"
i didnt say the gameplay was shallow, the story is shallow
ff vii seems to be a nice adventure which isnt as memorable as ff viii
Mon 14/07/03 at 09:21
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Did you FULLY get the story to FFVII? the deepness of the plot?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.