GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy? Which one to get?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 00:24
Regular
Gonna get a FF title for the PS1 but unsurewhich one to buy? I've played through most of IX but it was my mates n i've moved so gave it back. Fancy trying VII or VIII which one is better? Really enjoyed the 'cartoony' graphics and sensibilities of IX. Watch people play X and it diddn't really captivate me? (although i do understand it is a great title! but not got a PS2?)

Help me please!!!
Thu 31/07/03 at 19:58
"griever"
well 75 hours is alot more than ff7 what 3 optional bosses some easy to get weapons and a couple of bits of unneccessary materia i did the whole thing in less than 55 hours
Thu 31/07/03 at 17:51
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
SleepingLionheart wrote:
> the story is no where near better its good i will give you that but
> after you get past the first disc you pretty much already no whats
> going to happen
> unless youre stupid of course
> the characters dont even know about anywhere else in the world its
> stupid.
> and have you been to the deep sea research centre, done triple triad
> and the gfs, weapons, optional bosses.

in 75 hours i had every ult wep defeated both weapons had all cards and felt disapointed to how easy ultimicia was...before when i played it at low level it was actually more fun
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:09
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Get FF Anthology.

Crap graphics, but the games themselves are gems. And there cheap.
Thu 31/07/03 at 00:41
Regular
yello anyone there
Thu 24/07/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've got FF8 and 9 for my Playstation. I prefer FF8 simply because I like the story better, and it's the only one I've been interested in enough to play all the way through. I've seen FF9 all the way through though when my uncle had a loan of it, he goes through FF games very, very quickly.

But I would certainly recommend FF8.

:)
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:49
"griever"
the story is no where near better its good i will give you that but after you get past the first disc you pretty much already no whats going to happen
unless youre stupid of course
the characters dont even know about anywhere else in the world its stupid.
and have you been to the deep sea research centre, done triple triad and the gfs, weapons, optional bosses.
Thu 24/07/03 at 15:23
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
7 is the best. The gameplay in 8 is cooler but the draw system is flawed and actually makes the games very easy if you know how to stock the right things. Graphics are better in 8 but the real world atmosphere and better map make 7 better in that respect. Their are also more side quests plus minigames and other things to do in 7 and the main game is longer then 8. Plot is much better as it makes the player wanna see more, its like watching a movie at time a bit like shenmue.Any 1 who disagreess never played number 7 properly and as most ff fans agree, 7, if remade for ps2, like Resi evil and the new MGS, will be a bloody great game second, well third only to GTA and Zelda.
Thu 17/07/03 at 08:28
"griever"
even though viii is far superior to vii since he liked xi and not x he should get vii
Tue 15/07/03 at 15:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
After all the editorials and countless forum topics all over the world hypothesising on the true meaning or even outcome of FFVII, still some people claim it to be shallow. Tsk tsk...
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
*flops wrist*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.