GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jet Force Gemini"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/10/01 at 11:31
Regular
Well i bought this game a few days back as you all said it was really good.
Well i'm at the slug looking boss {the one in that lava tunnel}, i've shot his body off, all his guns off, and so he's just a floating head which can't fire at me. I'm left with only the basic blaster left and i've been shooting him for AGES! Grrr do I just keep shooting him or is there sommin' else?
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:31
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well i bought this game a few days back as you all said it was really good.
Well i'm at the slug looking boss {the one in that lava tunnel}, i've shot his body off, all his guns off, and so he's just a floating head which can't fire at me. I'm left with only the basic blaster left and i've been shooting him for AGES! Grrr do I just keep shooting him or is there sommin' else?
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:35
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
This is where you're on that moving platform and can only move from left to right, right?

I think you just keep shooting him, maybe you have to shoot his horns or something (sorry but I can't remember exactly). You should have practically done it just try shooting different areas of his head.
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:38
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yer that's the right point. The stupid boss thing keeps flying round and it's really annoying to try and shoot him, and hit. Plus having to wait for the gun to power up all the time is driving me insane!
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:49
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
YEY it's head finally blew off!

God you don't know how long it takes to beat that boss with just the bog standard blaster!
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Shoot his wings maybe? I simply can't remember how I did it sorry.

Anyway te problem is most probably that useless gun, it's not very powerful against the usual enemies never mind a boss.

Good luck on doing it :-)
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:51
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Cooky wrote:
> YEY it's head finally blew off!

God you don't know how long it takes to beat
> that boss with just the bog standard blaster!

Wahoooooo! Isn't it coneniant how that ride type thing you was just on ends right after you kill the boss right next to a platform ;-)
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:54
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Jet Force Gemini's a great game! I only bought it because a mate was selling it for £5 but I really enjoy it, although the multiplayer levels are very basic, it's still fun to kill you mates with new weapons :D

anyway, you'll get bored of it when you have to go back through all the old levels to find a spaceship! *sigh*
Wed 10/10/01 at 12:31
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I bought it because I was in a really good mood after playing on a Gamecube and it was only £15

It's a shame it doesn't have a multiplay like Conker's Bad Fur day, because the multiplay in that game was GREAT! Specially the level when the bears had to defend the base, and the sqirrel ppl had to run up the beach and get in the base. I've had HOURS of fun playing that with a mate of mine!

:)
Wed 10/10/01 at 13:08
Regular
Fogmaster wrote:
> Jet Force Gemini's a great game! I only bought it because a mate was selling it
> for £5 but I really enjoy it, although the multiplayer levels are very
> basic, it's still fun to kill you mates with new weapons :D

anyway, you'll
> get bored of it when you have to go back through all the old levels to find a
> spaceship! *sigh*

Going back means opening up areas you hadn't found before and finding the secrets.

It's most of the Game's Longevity and you will find plenty of new levels/challenges as a result.

Keep a look out for the totem poles!

By the way, Is it made by the same Rare team responsible for Conker?
I think that Conkers used an improved version of the JFG game engine.
You'll notice that the blood effects are the same, and they both have really classy music.

I'm certain that there's some sort of link between the two...
Wed 10/10/01 at 15:01
Regular
It's the same with Mickeys Speedway USA, I haven't actually played it, but you look at the screenshots and the bulidings and textures look like there right out of JFG.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.