GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Britain Declares War on Iran"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/03/07 at 14:27
Regular
Well hopefully it wont go that far and no I havent heard about the boy who cried wolf. How'd that story end anyway?

Didn't this happen a few years ago? I'm sure it did and they just let them all go. I wonder why it's taking so long this time. Why would Iran want to mess around like that? First they gave them the GPS proof and Iran said the position was somewhere else. Which turned out to still be in Iraqi waters, then they changed it again.

They were then going to release the one woman but now they've changed their minds because apparently the UK has an "incorrect attitude".

How do you see this all ending?
Thu 29/03/07 at 14:27
Regular
Well hopefully it wont go that far and no I havent heard about the boy who cried wolf. How'd that story end anyway?

Didn't this happen a few years ago? I'm sure it did and they just let them all go. I wonder why it's taking so long this time. Why would Iran want to mess around like that? First they gave them the GPS proof and Iran said the position was somewhere else. Which turned out to still be in Iraqi waters, then they changed it again.

They were then going to release the one woman but now they've changed their minds because apparently the UK has an "incorrect attitude".

How do you see this all ending?
Thu 29/03/07 at 14:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh an "incorrect attitude" about them being in Iranian waters because ermmm they actually weren't, which the Iranians themselves admitted before realising the original maps showed this so they sent out a bunch of bogus ones to try and cover it up.

Quite what the Iranians are playing at is anyone's guess, they're already playing a dangerous game with their nuclear developments and this is just adding more fuel to the fire. I doubt there'll be a war though as the UN will do what it always does and wag its finger a bit, say "that's a bad boy" but not actually do anything about it and i doubt Blair and even Bush want another war to darken their time as leaders even further (plus the fact Bush wouldn't get it past the Democrats anyway) so hopefully it'll be resolved diplomatically
Thu 29/03/07 at 15:07
"possibly impossible"
Flexing muscles to show they're not going to muck about now that they have access to better weapons, I expect.

Though they're only making it worse for themselves...
Thu 29/03/07 at 22:16
Regular
"eat toast!"
Who knows, maybe iran is telling the truth and the uk are the ones in the wrong (oh conspiracy!)

But personally iran are really pushing their luck and are up to something fishy. Unsurprising they're using propaganda and brinkmanship to win the day. Too bad that pretty much the whole world is against them. Getting co ords wrong first time? come on! either iran's communication infrastructure is terrible, lousy or they're making things up to stop themselves looking embrassed.

UK provide GPS co ords proving they were in the right. Iran provide further support giving UK an even stronger point. Iran counter act by putting someone on tv to admit to their crimes. Not really strong evidence considering how they've forced people to say things in the past. Also they show footage of how they did it. Not really proving much iran, you're looking even worse.

No way in hell are we going to back down and admit to lies. Thats assuming that we are innocent in this situation. Now they're delaying because we haven't got the right mentality. Nor does iran and what do they hope to achieve angering other nations and especially the uk even further?
Fri 30/03/07 at 12:20
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Iranians have lied about the position of where the ship was boarded, it's a clear fact: They've already changed the story once, when they realised the original position they gave was in Iraqi waters.

Yes, such borders are disputed, but it's the UN vs Iran here, the entire world versus misguided lunatics who wish to destabilise the Middle East even further.

It's just a shame that the UN don't seem to be able to put more pressure on the Iranians. And that the government can't do what they would have done in Palmerston's day, i.e. send in the Navy to sort them out.

The Iranian government are like the misfit kid that wants some attention. Well, they've got some now, and it's all negative, even from fellow Muslim nations. But what do they care? It's a bizzarre situation, created by a border dispute and a nation that has no respect for international law, the voice of reason, human rights or, seemingly, any sense of sanity.

I know this is a very one-sided rant, but any idiot can see the Iranians are at fault here, having done something totally uncalled for and illegal to get attention and attempt to throw their weight against the sadly weak UN, in a region they're attempting to destablise- and a war with them would be of no good. Rather a sticky situation.

Ooh, look, another "Apology". The people "apologising" are only doing so because they are trained to comply with their captors on such issues to possibly bring about a diplomatic solution, right? See how stressed the first apology was? That's pressure, not regret. Yes, that's it, degrade our military personnel on TV, but make your leaders look like the mindless nutcases they are in the process.
Fri 30/03/07 at 13:19
Regular
"8==="
In 2 days time the Iranians will declare it an early April Fools and everyone will laugh as the credits roll.
Fri 30/03/07 at 21:48
Regular
"eat toast!"
we could then counter act by declaring war, shelling some of its shore line and saying april fools afterwards :)
Thu 05/04/07 at 15:31
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Well they're back home now but it can't have done Iran any favours on the world front, even after the president said he released them as a "favour".

I think if they do anything like this again it'll escalate into something more serious.
Thu 05/04/07 at 15:57
Regular
"8==="
Iran goes 'ask nicely next time, here's your ball back'.
Thu 05/04/07 at 23:04
Regular
"eat toast!"
TBH i think we've just been badly humilitated. Iran has had a massive propaganda boost at the expense of our country. Our royal navy is looking like a joke, to the world we've looked weak and pathetic diplomatically (no doubt will affect future diplomatic powers and impression from other countries). Yeah nice to have the 15 sailors back and all, but it might have been too high of a price to pay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.