GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GADDY PRIZE - NOW CLOSED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/10/01 at 21:25
Regular
** COMPETITION CLOSED **

Well, this was a tough one to judge. There were loads of good entries. A lot of good ideas didn't make it becuase they were too long to make it on a shop sign as a nice, neat slogan. Plus, quite a few people suggested very similar slogans but the winner goes to the person who came up with the best variation that we will use in forthcoming promotions.

The winner is Dr Gonzo for the slogan:
"Play, complete, trade, repeat".

Thanks for all your great entries,

Loki.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Original message below:

So easy that we are only running this until Friday October 12th (closes at Midnight that day).

At the risk of promoting Electonics Bou... Bou... nope, can't bring myself to say it.

Well they have a slogan. Only one. I think it is "Played it, Trade it" but of course I would not read their ads or be seen in one of their stores (so how would I know).

The thing is - we want a slogan too, for our part-exchange games initiative in the shops (which will soon be coming to the internet - mad fools we are). We take games in part-exchange and then we sell them at second-hand prices.

So the challenge is:

Make up a nice short snappy slogan which can be printed on signs in our shops, to let everybody know that we take old games in part exchange for new games (or anything).

Off you go then - please don't enter 900 rubbishy slogans. Just a few good ones will do.

There can only be one winner but you can enter as many times as you like. The best slogan in the opinion of, well me actually, will win any game of their choice from our catalogue.

Now let's see - my money is on Monkey with Attitude (if he is still around). But no preferential treatment will be given, ever.
Page:
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Dr Gonzo wrote:

Or, and this sounds
> eerily family so I don't know if
> someone else suggested it and I'm just
> repeating something similar (but I
> can't see anything like it after a quick
> trawl back) - "Play,
> complete, trade, repeat".

You Theiving arab!!!!!

:D

yeah slaveunit said
buy, complete, trade, repeat.
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:21
Regular
Slaveunit is a god at these EEGADs....I am sure he would have won my one I made up :p

RCL
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:00
Hmm... shame it didn't say "DeltaJava" instead... but that's being greedy...
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:56
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Smooth talking hippy wrote:
> Great work Dr Gonzo! Thats a cool slogan!

It was by Slaveunit man. SR made a mistake.
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:52
Great work Dr Gonzo! Thats a cool slogan!
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:31
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> hang on! It says Dr. Gonzo won for that slogan, but the person who entered it
> was Slaveunit! Mess up on Loki's part? Or a government
> conspiracy...

Seriously though, that was Slaveunits entry.

First c***-up I've ever seen by SR.
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:25
Regular
"You've upset me"
hang on! It says Dr. Gonzo won for that slogan, but the person who entered it was Slaveunit! Mess up on Loki's part? Or a government conspiracy...

Seriously though, that was Slaveunits entry.
Sat 13/10/01 at 12:37
You're 12 hours and 34 minutes late son. Where you been?
Sat 13/10/01 at 12:34
"The old SwitchARoo, New for old at Special reserve"
Sat 13/10/01 at 04:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah this will be hard to judge, not only loads of good entries, but there are 17 pages, better get the coffee on, its gonna be a late night.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.