GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GADDY PRIZE - NOW CLOSED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/10/01 at 21:25
Regular
** COMPETITION CLOSED **

Well, this was a tough one to judge. There were loads of good entries. A lot of good ideas didn't make it becuase they were too long to make it on a shop sign as a nice, neat slogan. Plus, quite a few people suggested very similar slogans but the winner goes to the person who came up with the best variation that we will use in forthcoming promotions.

The winner is Dr Gonzo for the slogan:
"Play, complete, trade, repeat".

Thanks for all your great entries,

Loki.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Original message below:

So easy that we are only running this until Friday October 12th (closes at Midnight that day).

At the risk of promoting Electonics Bou... Bou... nope, can't bring myself to say it.

Well they have a slogan. Only one. I think it is "Played it, Trade it" but of course I would not read their ads or be seen in one of their stores (so how would I know).

The thing is - we want a slogan too, for our part-exchange games initiative in the shops (which will soon be coming to the internet - mad fools we are). We take games in part-exchange and then we sell them at second-hand prices.

So the challenge is:

Make up a nice short snappy slogan which can be printed on signs in our shops, to let everybody know that we take old games in part exchange for new games (or anything).

Off you go then - please don't enter 900 rubbishy slogans. Just a few good ones will do.

There can only be one winner but you can enter as many times as you like. The best slogan in the opinion of, well me actually, will win any game of their choice from our catalogue.

Now let's see - my money is on Monkey with Attitude (if he is still around). But no preferential treatment will be given, ever.
Page:
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:25
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
** COMPETITION CLOSED **

Well, this was a tough one to judge. There were loads of good entries. A lot of good ideas didn't make it becuase they were too long to make it on a shop sign as a nice, neat slogan. Plus, quite a few people suggested very similar slogans but the winner goes to the person who came up with the best variation that we will use in forthcoming promotions.

The winner is Dr Gonzo for the slogan:
"Play, complete, trade, repeat".

Thanks for all your great entries,

Loki.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Original message below:

So easy that we are only running this until Friday October 12th (closes at Midnight that day).

At the risk of promoting Electonics Bou... Bou... nope, can't bring myself to say it.

Well they have a slogan. Only one. I think it is "Played it, Trade it" but of course I would not read their ads or be seen in one of their stores (so how would I know).

The thing is - we want a slogan too, for our part-exchange games initiative in the shops (which will soon be coming to the internet - mad fools we are). We take games in part-exchange and then we sell them at second-hand prices.

So the challenge is:

Make up a nice short snappy slogan which can be printed on signs in our shops, to let everybody know that we take old games in part exchange for new games (or anything).

Off you go then - please don't enter 900 rubbishy slogans. Just a few good ones will do.

There can only be one winner but you can enter as many times as you like. The best slogan in the opinion of, well me actually, will win any game of their choice from our catalogue.

Now let's see - my money is on Monkey with Attitude (if he is still around). But no preferential treatment will be given, ever.
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:28
Regular
That it!?
Give your old games a boost! Trade it!
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Think your old game is crap, then swap it for a nice new chap.

Swap your granny for a game? No thanks just your old games please.

I'd swap my granny for a game. Now you don't have to.
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:31
Regular
EB undoubtably the biggest rip off ever!!!!!

I mean oracle of Ages or SEasons for £27 yeah like im dishing out that much! And what did the man in the shop say today, well i think the Playstation is better look at all teh shelves full of them whilst the N64 has a small one over there as there isn't many games....

YOU ONLY STOCKED 6 GAMES it isn't there isn't much but you just don't stock em!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

They didn't have smash brothers either!
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:33
Played it! Completed it! Bored of it! So Trade it!
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:34
Regular
Old for New.
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:36
Regular
Good for Bad.
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:36
Regular
Old for New, Good for Bad.
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Special reserve, Swapping made easy.

Go on swap it. We dare you!

Don't buy it from our shop, use your old ones in a swap.
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:37
Regular
Here's one I played earlier.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.