GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NiGHTS into Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams'.
Wed 28/03/07 at 09:03
"possibly impossible"
It looks like NiGHTS is coming to Wii. The game so many people want a sequel to might actually happen after all.

IGN story here

It's not 100% certain yet, but the stories are coming from several sources, so it looks likely.

All good news for those of us that remember (or still have) the Saturn version.
Thu 12/04/07 at 15:43
Regular
Well guys this is as good as it gets when it comes to pre- official release info:

Officially, SEGA continues to evade the question of whether NiGHTS is coming to Wii, but following more mag reports last week Japanese magazine Famitsu has now "confirmed" it, with a new name, logo, and a quote from Sonic Team USA producer Takashi Iizuka.

Advertisement
"NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams", the mag's website says, is due out this winter for Wii. "In 1996, we created the NiGHTS character to achieve a concept of 'being refreshed from being able to fly in the sky'. 11 years later, at last, we have broken our silence. NiGHTS will now fly in a new dream world: new stages, new story, and on the new Wii platform. Please look forward to NiGHTS and friends exploring this brand new adventure," says Iizuka in comments translated by Joystiq.

SEGA is expected to unveil NiGHTS - the sequel to the 1996 Saturn title - in more detail early next month.

Looks like it will be Wii exclusive and will obviously use the innovative controllers to their full for flying fun. I am waiting with baited breath.
Thu 29/03/07 at 10:00
"possibly impossible"
Despite the simplicity, it was my favourite game at the time. This is why I still have the Christmas NiGHTS CD,despite not having a Saturn any more, just in case I get one back (or something that plays Saturn discs)
Thu 29/03/07 at 08:54
Regular
"eat toast!"
Apprently it rocks. Games tm did an article recently why it was an ace game. It was so criminally ignored at the time and did have quite few innovative ideas and features.
Wed 28/03/07 at 16:52
Regular
Yeah it was in ONM quite a while ago. They had a picture with the outline of that jester creature.

Was the game any good on Saturn?

EDIT: And I got your joke, that was really really bad.
Wed 28/03/07 at 09:03
"possibly impossible"
It looks like NiGHTS is coming to Wii. The game so many people want a sequel to might actually happen after all.

IGN story here

It's not 100% certain yet, but the stories are coming from several sources, so it looks likely.

All good news for those of us that remember (or still have) the Saturn version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.