GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"800 prices reduced blah blah blah"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Amazing reductions", "slashed in price" I read with anticipation, then I checked out the top 5 matches for the 'Cube and

ENTER THE MATRIX
SR 32.99 play.com 29.99

SPLINTER CELL
SR 30.99 play.com 29.99

SUPER MONKEY BALL 2
SR 35.99 play.com 34.99 (SMB1 is only 15.99 by the way)

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE
SR 24.99 play.com 29.99 (one exception)

HULK
SR 30.99 play.com 29.99

So SR are still more expensive on most titles plus you have to pay extra for delivery. This "promotion" is very half-hearted and does not mention the original SR price so I think they have knocked hardly anything off some games ? (I stand to be corrected obviously)

At the end of the day it's your money and your choice, I would like to order more games from SR but don't when I can get them cheaper elsewhere with free delivery, and in stock games from play always arrive within 2 days.

Rant over, goodbye.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
"Amazing reductions", "slashed in price" I read with anticipation, then I checked out the top 5 matches for the 'Cube and

ENTER THE MATRIX
SR 32.99 play.com 29.99

SPLINTER CELL
SR 30.99 play.com 29.99

SUPER MONKEY BALL 2
SR 35.99 play.com 34.99 (SMB1 is only 15.99 by the way)

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE
SR 24.99 play.com 29.99 (one exception)

HULK
SR 30.99 play.com 29.99

So SR are still more expensive on most titles plus you have to pay extra for delivery. This "promotion" is very half-hearted and does not mention the original SR price so I think they have knocked hardly anything off some games ? (I stand to be corrected obviously)

At the end of the day it's your money and your choice, I would like to order more games from SR but don't when I can get them cheaper elsewhere with free delivery, and in stock games from play always arrive within 2 days.

Rant over, goodbye.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:10
Regular
On a similar note, SR are selling 007 nightfire for £39.99

Game are selling it online and in the shops for £14.99

(I'm not advertising, just making a point - I thought SR were meant to be cheaper!)
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Do Play give Reddies or run a competition in which you can win a game of your choice every day?

Don't think so. :-)
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Afro, nothing personal, but prehaps people don't want reddies and would prefer cheaper prices (ie £1 off every game rather than a reddie) you don't think SR acutally lose money on the reddies do you ?

Also it seems to me that GAD is a bit of a farce, so many copied and pasted reviews winning games without SR doing anything about this even when informed (see the topic in the customer service forum)
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Casualties of war I say.

SR haven't got the manpower to regulate everything have they? You can complain about the prices but, if you're not happy with them, just shop elsewhere.

SR do some incredibly good deals on certain things, though. I got my DVD player from them and i've ordered an Eyetoy from them.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I see they are cheap for the Eyetoy, reason for this topic was just to educate some non-educated people, it's a free country, spend your money where you like.

No more moaning from me for a while, must do some work.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Also it seems to me that GAD is a bit of a farce, so many copied and
> pasted reviews winning games without SR doing anything about this even
> when informed (see the topic in the customer service forum)

---

No, they change them. Maybe you don't notice this, but the reviews that froots found were copied were deleted, the user was banned, and someone else was picked. SR just don't post in the topic. Hardly any copied reviews are successful in beating both SR and us lot, so therefore, hardly any copied reviews win GAD.

GAD is not a farce.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:40
Regular
I know what he was sayin. When I first joined SR, brand new games were usually around £32 each. Now they are between £35 and £40. It's just as easy for me to walk into game and use my student card and I get the game on the day. No waiting for delivery. Also, you can get games imported 2 months earlier for the same price there abouts.

Still, I can't argue that they don't do some good deals.

Oh yeah, one other thing. SR please get of your @r$e and build a shop in Lincoln. Would be most appreciative.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I take it all back, without SR posting in the topic I wasn't to know otherwise, it looks as if they are doing nothing.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
also, I've just checked and there have been 2008 posts in the last 24 hours, are you telling me that someone at SR reads 'em all ?

That would be a 24 hour a day job reading 83.66 posts per hour !!!

Prehaps this topic will get read by a staff member ? (I won't hold my breath)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.