GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"800 prices reduced blah blah blah"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Amazing reductions", "slashed in price" I read with anticipation, then I checked out the top 5 matches for the 'Cube and

ENTER THE MATRIX
SR 32.99 play.com 29.99

SPLINTER CELL
SR 30.99 play.com 29.99

SUPER MONKEY BALL 2
SR 35.99 play.com 34.99 (SMB1 is only 15.99 by the way)

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE
SR 24.99 play.com 29.99 (one exception)

HULK
SR 30.99 play.com 29.99

So SR are still more expensive on most titles plus you have to pay extra for delivery. This "promotion" is very half-hearted and does not mention the original SR price so I think they have knocked hardly anything off some games ? (I stand to be corrected obviously)

At the end of the day it's your money and your choice, I would like to order more games from SR but don't when I can get them cheaper elsewhere with free delivery, and in stock games from play always arrive within 2 days.

Rant over, goodbye.
Sat 12/07/03 at 20:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
TGMbloke wrote:
> SR do some great deals I think. Their RAM <- No.

> Actual MAXX PC's, and console deals are second to none. <- No.

> Plus Freeola is stupidly cheap. <- Not particularly.
Sat 12/07/03 at 20:28
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> SR do some great deals I think. Their console deals are second to none.

That's not true (for the online retailer, anyway). You'll almost always get a better deal if you walk into a shop and buy a console there and then.
Sat 12/07/03 at 18:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
San1 wrote:
> SR have the chepest price when a game first comes out

---

That's untrue. Play and other places often have their starting prices cheaper than SR, but then again, I'll still use SR for most stuff (non-import) because they've been kind enough to give me 17 GADs and loads of Reddies (which I've used to get more stuff).
Sat 12/07/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Rickoss wrote:
> Eternal Darkness only £25, that's a good price. Get it.

Considering Blockbuster does it for £15, GAME for £20, and even less in second hand sections of certain stores.

It's worth getting though.
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
SR have the chepest price when a game first comes out, but when other stores start dropping prices dramaticaly SR only drop the prices for a few quid
Thu 10/07/03 at 20:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> I thought Amazon were the cheapest now...

I've just bought Monkey Ball 2 from Amazon for £32.99. Cheaper than SR and Play. Yes. Plus free delivery if you wait an extra day or so. Yep.

And worryingly I almost gave "free delivery" it's own set of capital letters.
Thu 10/07/03 at 19:42
Regular
Eternal Darkness only £25, that's a good price. Get it.
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:38
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
IN the end it comes to whichever is cheapest. The world runs on money.
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:38
Regular
I thought Amazon were the cheapest now... SR do often do some stunning deals it is how I got to know them afterall.
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
but think of those poor parents (as in poor I mean give sympathy not skint) like me !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.