GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 - 99.8% !!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/10/01 at 11:01
Regular
Its taken a long time, but GT3 is nearly finished. However, I`ve left the hardest thing `till last.

I`m 99.8%, however... how am I supposed to get 100%???

I have to complete Arcade Time Trial - Complex String. Thats the only challenge left. I have tried it a couple of times in the past, and been a fair distance off. My best is still about 2 seconds short of the required time.

Has anyone completed Arcade Time Trial? I remember Wookiee Monster mentioning it was tough, so have you done it yet? If so, any tips would be great! :-)
Thu 11/10/01 at 15:17
Regular
WÚÛkiee M¯nßÜÄR wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
> I bought an MX-5 as my first car.

Stop copying
> me!

What colour? I bought a red one, then won a more powerful blue one and
> used that.

I bought the red one for 17,000. I don't think I've won a blue one yet, although I may have done, and sold it.

I've added a turbo and a few aero packages to it, it's now 191BHP as opposed to the 119 (I think) it starts off at. It's a pretty nippy car, and I'm going to try what someone just suggested, about giving it hard tyres and trying some endurance races.

I've won about three cars, all of which I've sold as they were crap. No I realise it might have been better to keep them as I might have needed them for some of the other cups. Whooops!
Thu 11/10/01 at 14:44
Just want everybody to know that I have completed 100& of the game (did it about a month ago now!) and it actually isn't as hard as it should have been. As long as you have your driving head on you should be fine.

The best thing to try and to is perfect your braking distances and familiarise youself with the cornering limits of the cars (remeber, this changes for each car you use/upgrade). I actually have beaten cars that are quicker than myself simply because I alway broke at the right moment and learned how much a car could handle through fast corners.

A tip here is to use the kerb for medium/fast corners....and if your good enough the sharp slow corners as well. If you get the tyres to clip the corner kerb (on the apex of the corner) at speed you will find that the car will 'tow' into the corner, pulling itself around which will should make your lap time quicker. On sharp slow corners, be careful. Because that car may be at a tilt if you put too much power down the car may do a 'half-doughnut', leaving you facing the wrong way. The cars are much more sensitive at low speeds, just be aware of that.

Another tip. Use the 'slipstream'. The slipstream is very effective on GT3, better than any other game I have played. If you are behind, drop the car in the path created by the car in front, if you are close enough (usually upto 3-4 car lenghts in normal cars, 4-5 car lenghts in fast cars and upto 7 car lenghts in an F1 car) you will gain speed and should be able to overtake on braking into the next corner.

Additionally, answering a question from a previous post, unfortunatley I did not get Senna's F1 car when I completed that game, but I did get 3 different F1 cars.

GOOD LUCK everyone!!
Thu 11/10/01 at 13:24
Regular
I tried Complex String a bit this morning, but I`m still a few seconds off. I should be able to complete it soon though, and intend to be at 100% by the end of next week!

btw, tips for those who`ve just started the game:

If you`ve gone for the Mazda MX-5, save up some money and buy some super hard, or hard tyres. Don`t do any tuning though.

Then go to endurance races, and choose the roadster one. Its Apricot Hill, and with the right tyres, you only have to pit once or twice, making it an easy win, giving you 100,000 and a prize car. There is a 1 in 4 chance of getting a polyphony, but typically I managed to get another mazda MX-5!

On the subject of pressing L1 (as another poster suggested) or X (as PSM2 suggested), I can`t get it to work. When I won the MX-5 endurance race earlier this week, I tried it, and my timing seemed good, but I got a stupid mazda. I did the same last week with the Gran Turismo All Stars tournament, in an attempt to get the Viper GTS concept car, but I ended up with the Nissan R390 Race Car (A great car, but not the one I was after). Anyone had any luck with that?
Thu 11/10/01 at 00:23
Regular
i havnt touched GT3 since August, i havnt played a PS2 game in a month. I'm saving all my hype, for the next few months so i will be extra extra amazed by the likes of SM3, DMC, GTA3, Pro evo etc etc....
Wed 10/10/01 at 23:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I havent played on GT3 for ages. Got about 80% done. Havent had much time as I've been messing about and then the rest of the time i've been at Uni.
Wed 10/10/01 at 18:20
Regular
"You Bum!!"
There are 2 MX-5s available in the beginning. The one for 16900 and one for 17000.What one did u get?I got the more expensive one
Wed 10/10/01 at 13:43
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> I bought an MX-5 as my first car.

Stop copying me!

What colour? I bought a red one, then won a more powerful blue one and used that.
Wed 10/10/01 at 13:36
Regular
I bought an MX-5 as my first car.

Did the sunday cup no problems without any upgrades. Had to put a turbo and a few bits on it for some of the other cups though...
Wed 10/10/01 at 13:20
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I've finally reached the 30% mark after weeks of going round and round!

I too had heard that you couldn't sell any of the cars you earned, but so far I can't see how especially as your percentage doesn't change if you do?

I've also heard that you kow if you've done 100% as you get Senna's F1 car? anyone know if this is true?

One thing I would be interested in is other peoples cars and settings? What type of car did you use the most, how did you modify it? etc etc...

And how do you get those damn cars in the showroom that have no price?

Off now to try to get my Mitsi GT3000 to corner... 1083bhp, top end of 415 and 0-60 in under 3 secs, but the damn thing won't corner for toffee!!
Wed 10/10/01 at 10:14
Regular
I think I'm about 4% through.

I only bought it thursday afternoon, and I haven't played it since saturday afternoon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.