GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 - 99.8% !!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/10/01 at 11:01
Regular
Its taken a long time, but GT3 is nearly finished. However, I`ve left the hardest thing `till last.

I`m 99.8%, however... how am I supposed to get 100%???

I have to complete Arcade Time Trial - Complex String. Thats the only challenge left. I have tried it a couple of times in the past, and been a fair distance off. My best is still about 2 seconds short of the required time.

Has anyone completed Arcade Time Trial? I remember Wookiee Monster mentioning it was tough, so have you done it yet? If so, any tips would be great! :-)
Tue 09/10/01 at 11:01
Regular
Its taken a long time, but GT3 is nearly finished. However, I`ve left the hardest thing `till last.

I`m 99.8%, however... how am I supposed to get 100%???

I have to complete Arcade Time Trial - Complex String. Thats the only challenge left. I have tried it a couple of times in the past, and been a fair distance off. My best is still about 2 seconds short of the required time.

Has anyone completed Arcade Time Trial? I remember Wookiee Monster mentioning it was tough, so have you done it yet? If so, any tips would be great! :-)
Tue 09/10/01 at 11:13
"High polygon count"
I've done all but the Complex String in Arcade mode! Sorry!
Tue 09/10/01 at 12:20
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I've heard that to get 100% you cannot sell any of your cars. Dunno if it is true though
Tue 09/10/01 at 17:26
Regular
So you are also 99.8% Wookiee? Or do you have GT mode stuff still to do?

As for the selling cars thing, I hope that ain`t true. It`d be a bit harsh if it was. So many people seel cars early on in order to advance, so nobody would get 100%.

Its approximately 0.2% per cup/tick/completion etc.. so with 0.2% left, and one course to do, it is very suggestive that 100% is possible.

Another 100% that looks possible is the 100% win record. I only have a time trial left, so it should be impossible to lose it.
Tue 09/10/01 at 17:30
"High polygon count"
Gawd no! I'm nowhere near finished! I meant that in Arcade mode, 've only the Complex String to conquer - not that it's the *only* one left to do.

I've not played any games for a couple of weeks now, as I've been working on a web site for someone.

Hoping to get a game of GT3 in tonight though!
Tue 09/10/01 at 17:31
"High polygon count"
Oh, and you can actually complete GT3 to 100% - I did read somewhere what you had to do, but I can't remember exactly what it was. Certainly don't recall anything about selling cars affecting the percentage, though.
Tue 09/10/01 at 17:32
Regular
WÚÛkiee M¯nßÜÄR wrote:
> Oh, and you can actually complete GT3 to 100% - I did read somewhere what you
> had to do, but I can't remember exactly what it was. Certainly don't recall
> anything about selling cars affecting the percentage, though.

Good, because I've sold about 3 already!
Tue 09/10/01 at 19:00
Regular
Yeh, I think that must be right (about the not having to sell cars) simply because I have 0.2% to go, and each race equates to about 0.2%. When I do a little bit of maths, (I won`t explain all the fine details as they are very complex :-) ) I can see that 0.2 - 0.2 is 0.0 which should mean 100% completion.

Besides, if you start at 0.0%, buy a car, and then sell it, you`re still on 0.0% (and stupid). I don` think you`d go into negative percentages :-)
Tue 09/10/01 at 20:35
99.8% complete. I'm only about 25% complete!!! :-)
Tue 09/10/01 at 23:30
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Im only 55% complete, but i have stopped playing it. Im addicted to the DMC demo at the minute, oh and resident evil too.

I also have to make time playing ISS Evo 2 aswell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.