GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Self Harm. A discussion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/03/07 at 20:11
Regular
What do we think of self harmers?

Are they just "normal people" who come from all sorts of social backgrounds and use it as a way to release?
Are they people we meet everyday?
Are they mentally ill people who need serious help?
Are they just freaks?
Attention seekers?

What should be done about it?
Do they deserve help?
Can they be helped?

What do we know of self harm?
What does it entail?
Wed 28/03/07 at 00:23
Regular
Hi Nin, looking at the message at the top of the thread, it seemd Prilly had started it. ?She has admitted to being a self harmer., so it seems to me, she/he is looking for how 'we' view self harmers.
My wife is often saying that low self esteem is an underlying issue for the majority of self harmers so for Prilly this may be a way of 'finding his/her place' and hopefully improving self esteem.
Wed 28/03/07 at 00:34
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Other thread sweetness.
Bloody newbies. I did what she asked, encouraged this topic and i'm still getting this crap. You should go and post this on Pock*tM*nkey, i bet you'll get loads of nice replies there :@
Wed 28/03/07 at 00:53
Regular
Nin wrote:
> Other thread sweetness.
> Bloody newbies. I did what she asked, encouraged this topic and
> i'm still getting this crap. You should go and post this on
> Pock*tM*nkey, i bet you'll get loads of nice replies there :@

Other thread sweetness? what does that mean?

Assuming this is in response to my post? if it is, you might want to reconsider your chosen career direction... it's not exactly sympathetic/empathic, caring or open, some of the traits I would have thought useful for a psychologist.

And, do you have to be here? if the thread/topic irritates you why do you monitor it? are you moderating? (genuine question)
Wed 28/03/07 at 01:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
_blackfoot wrote:
> Other thread sweetness? what does that mean?

It means read the other thread where i encouraged this one. :@

> Assuming this is in response to my post? if it is, you might
> want to reconsider your chosen career direction... it's not
> exactly sympathetic/empathic, caring or open, some of the traits
> I would have thought useful for a psychologist.

And maybe giving career advice and assuming you know my character traits after being here 5 minutes is something you should reconsider. You couldn't have got me more wrong and if i seem otherwise it's because i find your two-bit assumptions about me lazy and immensely irritating.

> And, do you have to be here? if the thread/topic irritates you
> why do you monitor it? are you moderating? (genuine question)

The topic doesn't irritate me, i wanted a conversation about it (As you'd have found out if you'd spent 30 seconds looking around).
Wed 28/03/07 at 02:16
Regular
Nin wrote:
> _blackfoot wrote:
> Other thread sweetness? what does that mean?
>
> It means read the other thread where i encouraged this one. :@
>
> Assuming this is in response to my post? if it is, you might
> want to reconsider your chosen career direction... it's not
> exactly sympathetic/empathic, caring or open, some of the
> traits
> I would have thought useful for a psychologist.
>
> And maybe giving career advice and assuming you know my
> character traits after being here 5 minutes is something you
> should reconsider. You couldn't have got me more wrong and if i
> seem otherwise it's because i find your two-bit assumptions
> about me lazy and immensely irritating.
>
> And, do you have to be here? if the thread/topic irritates you
> why do you monitor it? are you moderating? (genuine question)
>
> The topic doesn't irritate me, i wanted a conversation about it
> (As you'd have found out if you'd spent 30 seconds looking
> around).

Sorry Nin, you're far too tiresome to go searching for, you managed several insults in as many lines. Your traits are easily read, you are rude, slightly obnoxious, obviously like and generate conflict, short tempered and irrational -- if you'd bother reading your own post you were already dismissing Prilly before I arrived in the topic and your short outbursts are very telling.

I know you're a psychology student (unless you lied, of course) but you have absolutely no idea what I've been doing for the last 35 years or so (anonymity has it's benefits remember?) but if you were one of my students, you career in psychology would be short.

This is obviously your personal area/thread or space, so I'll leave you to it.
Wed 28/03/07 at 02:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Your arrogance is astounding but maybe i shouldn't be suprised if you're a teacher (unless you lied, or course).
Anonymity has it's benefits both ways and you should know better than to assume you know me from this. Your assumptions have been lazy from the start because you came in here thinking you know it all. I do assume thats the only reason you decided to start posting after being registered a year, because it was your chance to impress and make a good first impression in a topic you may know something about?
I was perfectly polite until you wrongly assumed i was on the attack and even now your conceit and arrogance wont let you accept you're way off the mark.
Now i doubt you'll want to acknowledge this but i actually encouraged getting back on topic at the end of my last post. Of course you wouldn't have seen that because i'm clearly only here for a fight and couldn't possibly want to get back on with the topic that i wanted in the first place.
I'm thankful i'm not one of your students. I'd walk out if i had someone with your attitude teaching me.
Wed 28/03/07 at 22:13
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I was gonna say something, but Nin seems to be making a good job of pointing out your stupidity.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Thu 29/03/07 at 09:54
"possibly impossible"
prilly wrote:
> no i dont think it would be better suited to the intelligent
> discussions forums as it was supposed to gain the responses of
> everyday people. Considering this is supposed to be a chat forum
> i felt that this would be the best place to communicate,
> obviously i got the wrong definition of the word chat!and as for
> not encouraging me to make a third topic!well i would not have
> had to make a second one if people could just spare a few
> minutes to answer a pretty straight forward question. what is
> with being so rude?

Me? I was just trying to be helpful. The one danger with posting something like this in a chat forum like this one, as opposed to the ID forum, is that people won't take it seriously and just provide jokey replies, which I thought would be doing more harm than good.

Still, it's a credit to how this forum has settled down that you do actually have some good replies.

And there was me just trying to help, excuse me while I go and cry in the corner now...
Thu 29/03/07 at 16:00
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Now look what you did! Poor chap.

Go to your room.

This illustrates pb's point.
Thu 29/03/07 at 21:46
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
_blackfoot wrote:
> the benefits of this type of discussion (within a chat room, no
> real names or identifying info) is that the anonymous nature of
> chat rooms and the like means that people CAN be honest and open
> about experiences.

I just had to point out, most of us have been here a couple of years, and I doubt any of us would like it if when we came here people knew these sort of things about us.
We are mostly anonymous on these forums, and I prefer it that way.

We are not obnouxious, irrational or any of the other things, we just don't like stupidity when it effects us.
We don't mind as long as whoever it is apologises for saying something hurtful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.