GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic' Goes Gold"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 10/07/03 at 19:49
Regular
Well, abroad anyway.

Yesterday, LucasArts announced that the Xbox version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic will be available in the USA and Canada by July 16th (that's this Wednesday). It's encouraging to see the game finished, but as each individual voice in the game is in the spoken word - it may take a while to translate into all European languages.

It was also mentioned that Xbox Live functions will be available by Winter; presumably, weapons and new quests will be up for grabs. In any respect, this is great news and means we'll most probably be seeing the game on their expected UK release - August/September.

As my most anticipated Xbox title, I really want this one now. You can read the full Press Release over at:

http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/79.html

Discuss :)
Thu 14/08/03 at 05:13
"I love yo... lamp."
KOTOR is very good. 9.5 a fair mark going by what I have played so far. (I didn't work all the time in the States). I don't remember being offered the option of real time combat, but I could have just missed it. great fun. Im going to get a UK version. And it looks like it is a massive game. I only played it for a few hours though. They invented a new card game for it you know. A bit like pontoons. But I found that working as a gladiator earned more money and quicker as opposed to professional gambler.
Sun 10/08/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
The harshest of ones.
Sun 10/08/03 at 01:54
Regular
Harsh one.
Sun 10/08/03 at 01:51
Regular
Or a new joke book.
Sun 10/08/03 at 01:48
Regular
Ah.

I thought it tasted a little odd too, but then I realised I'd placed me cuppa on the mantalpiece - not the Xbox disc tray :)

Christ I'm in a strange mood this evening. I think I need sleep..
Sun 10/08/03 at 01:45
Regular
I tried to like it, it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Sun 10/08/03 at 01:40
Regular
Bah.

You never gave it a chance Tilt. It really starts getting great around the 10-20 hour mark.
Sun 10/08/03 at 01:24
Regular
That should have read.

J-42 wrote:
> Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> No, I really like Morrowind. One of my favourite ever games.

Why? tis one of the dullest games of all time.
Sun 10/08/03 at 01:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
This game is going to be brill, I'll be getting it for my PC though since I lack an X-Box. The fact that it's developed by Bioware (of Baldurs gate fame) should mean the RPG elements will be up to scratch and exploring the star wars universe in such a unique time period is going to very interesting even though I doubt there will be any familiar characters involved.
Sat 09/08/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> No, I really like Morrowind. One of my favourite ever games.
>
> *
>
> *cries*

Why, tis one of the best RPG's of all time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.