GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"overclocking........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/07/03 at 13:36
Regular
i wanna over-clock a few things, but so far i am only aware of a few things.

i want info on what kind of temperature my CPU is perfectly OK at. atm my CPU is running at 50 C. and it's a hot day. so, what kind fo temperature would create a compromise between speed and lifetime?

also, the voltages on CPU, DRAM and AGP are as follows:

CPU mhz: 1729.00Mhz

CPU: 1.596
DRAM: 2.5
AGP: 1.5

The APCI, DRAM and AGP clock, frequnecy or SOMETHING are as follows:

DRAM: 266
AGP: 66
PCI: 33

OK, you overclocking techie's - you should know what i'm on about, so help me please....

note: the tool i'm using is Gigabyte Easytune 4.
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
there a big feature on watercooling, what you need, how to do it etc in the latest issue of Micro Mart
Thu 17/07/03 at 15:05
Micro Mart? OK, I'm just buying the kit when its' ready, and foolow the instructions from there, but thanks anyway.
Fri 18/07/03 at 09:42
Regular
Water cooling is not only quiter than air cooling but is better as it gives the cpu temperature less heat rises under load, I have water cooled my overclocked cpu's a couple of time both on an athlon system and P4 system and i sold it, i wish i hadnt i am going back to water cooling soon.

Colin
Fri 18/07/03 at 13:14
AMD MAN< is it true that getting memory that matches the FSB of your CPU then just going at the fastest possible rate? I'm asking because my mobo supports upto 333mhz for the CPU FSB, but 400Mhz for the RAM. THe RAM I am considering is high grade (Corsair) and therefore expensive; so shoiuld I stick with the cheaper PC2700 (DDR333) version?
Fri 18/07/03 at 14:07
Regular
The ram is on a seperate bus and runs at it's own speed, so the faster the ram the better, i would get the ddr 400 stuff, also the lower the cas latency timing the better.

Hope that helps.

Colin
Fri 18/07/03 at 14:28
adrian wrote:

Got 1024mb PC3200(400mhz) RAM running in dual channel, but only actually runs at PC2700(333mhz) as its best to run memory in sync with the FSB on the CPU and as thats a XP2800 Barton (333mhz) I run my RAM at that speed.

So what adrian's saying is wrong then?
Fri 18/07/03 at 15:50
Regular
I do not agree with adrian, it's wrong, the faster the FSB of the memory the better.

Colin
Fri 18/07/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> I do not agree with adrian, it's wrong, the faster the FSB of the
> memory the better.
>
> Colin

I have read from other forums thats its not and people have tested it. Running memory and CPU in sync is better than running it out of sync. People have tested it and the results tell that picture.
Fri 18/07/03 at 19:31
Regular
Ive not found that personally.

Colin
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Ive not found that personally.

Its probably not noticeable in normal useage but if you do benchmarks then you may notice it. Maybe see if you can dig up any research on the internet or do some testing yourself with different benchmarking programs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.