GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outrun"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Outrun'.
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:41
Regular
Just wondering if anyone knows whether the Xbox sequel is any good? The screenshots look very good, sticking with traditional styles, but obviously if anyone has any idea how good it plays - just so I can feel a little more hyped about it, then I'd be greatful for responses.

It has to be better than Outrun 2019!
Tue 15/07/03 at 16:31
Regular
"8==="
IGN claimed it was Xbox bound due to the arcade machine architecture being favorable to Xbox.
Tue 15/07/03 at 10:34
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
*port over to Xbox :)
Tue 15/07/03 at 10:34
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Well so far I have heard its coming to the arcades but nothing about it coming to Xbox although the arcade machine tech is easy to post over to Xbox.
Tue 15/07/03 at 00:30
Regular
"8==="
I liked need for speed on the 3D0. Very well balanced that was. NFS on xbox isn't too bad.

I thought Outrun might've had police chases. I must've been thinking of chase HQ or something. Also Burnout 2 was compared to Outrun by it's developers and that has police chases...

Guess I'm waiting for a Chase HQ remake or a decent spy hunter game.
Tue 15/07/03 at 00:24
Regular
The original is on one of the Arcades in Shenmue 2. I have only played it briefly but its very hard and I don't remember police chases. The only game I have played with police chases is Need for Speedwhich was a classic before all the shoddy spin offs.
Tue 15/07/03 at 00:12
Regular
"8==="
Tried to find some reviews of the original.

Is this one with police chases? In which case i will most probably get it.

If it's just a racer then I won't.
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:59
Regular
Looks good, whether Sega will pull it off remains to be seen.

Let's hope it's not another Toejam and Earl.
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just seen the screenshots myself and the game looks amazing, i hope Sega do a great job with the game but that remains to be seen, i loved playing the original at the beach when i was younger, ah the memories..
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:41
Regular
Just wondering if anyone knows whether the Xbox sequel is any good? The screenshots look very good, sticking with traditional styles, but obviously if anyone has any idea how good it plays - just so I can feel a little more hyped about it, then I'd be greatful for responses.

It has to be better than Outrun 2019!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.