GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Much For Online Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/07/03 at 22:42
Regular
FINALLY got my network adapter today and so i thought i'd be in for some good online gaming tonight. Well obviously my computer has other ideas and i can't get the damn thing to work.
I've set my network adapter up as shown in the diagram and set up using a direct connection thinking that'd be the quickest and easiest way to get going (yea right). Well i put the network access disc in, put in all the details like broadband provider and all that and then run the test to see if my connection was up. Network adapter light was flashing green, modem was running fine but does it work? The hell it does, the connection starts testing itself and after a minute or so i just get one red light and it tells me a connection can't be found.
What's wrong with it then? Adapter seems fine, modem is fine so why isn't it working and not letting me be owned in a good game of SOCOM?
Thu 17/07/03 at 00:03
" Crazy!"
You had the same problem as me it sounds.

Go to edit your details on central station, you've probably enterd your username and password which you use to connect to the net, take them off.

Try connecting, if it's anything like mine it will work.

If you don't connect to socom the first time do it again, I have to but it's worth it.
Thu 17/07/03 at 00:14
Regular
"oaps.org"
i'm betting the modem either hasn't been reset before connecting the ps2 or it hasn't been given time to self test and re-establish it's own connection to the net
Thu 17/07/03 at 01:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The craziest Col! wrote:
> You had the same problem as me it sounds.
>
> Go to edit your details on central station, you've probably enterd
> your username and password which you use to connect to the net, take
> them off.
>
> Try connecting, if it's anything like mine it will work.
>
> If you don't connect to socom the first time do it again, I have to
> but it's worth it.

I don't think i've put a username and password in as i haven't had that screen come up. All i've done so far is add a configuration file so i answered that my internet service was blueyonder and let it auto detect the other details, tested it and i just get the one red light
Thu 17/07/03 at 09:13
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Don't you have to register mac addresses with blueyonder? You can do it from their web page apparently.
Thu 17/07/03 at 09:25
" Crazy!"
Do it manually then.
Thu 17/07/03 at 10:12
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Darwock wrote:
> Don't you have to register mac addresses with blueyonder? You can do
> it from their web page apparently.

Yes it goes "This is your MAC address" and then vuola, you need to regester that.
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> Don't you have to register mac addresses with blueyonder? You can do
> it from their web page apparently.

Yea i was given this IP address during when i was adding the configuration file so do i have to register that at blueyonder and then it should work?
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:22
" Crazy!"
If it does work, are you joining SRS?
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not sure yet, as soon as i get the bloody thing online then i'll think about it
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:25
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Yea i was given this IP address during when i was adding the
> configuration file so do i have to register that at blueyonder and
> then it should work?

Well it would be a start at least. It's not an IP address though, it's a Mac address. Should look something like lbf:004:blah:blah...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.