GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Much For Online Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/07/03 at 22:42
Regular
FINALLY got my network adapter today and so i thought i'd be in for some good online gaming tonight. Well obviously my computer has other ideas and i can't get the damn thing to work.
I've set my network adapter up as shown in the diagram and set up using a direct connection thinking that'd be the quickest and easiest way to get going (yea right). Well i put the network access disc in, put in all the details like broadband provider and all that and then run the test to see if my connection was up. Network adapter light was flashing green, modem was running fine but does it work? The hell it does, the connection starts testing itself and after a minute or so i just get one red light and it tells me a connection can't be found.
What's wrong with it then? Adapter seems fine, modem is fine so why isn't it working and not letting me be owned in a good game of SOCOM?
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:10
" Crazy!"
Laker and rase please join SRS becasue I have just created a clan match for tomorow at 21:00 with the top gun clan.
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've spent weeks trying to get online, ringing AOL and Sony which both told me to go to the other LOL.

Finally Got it working myself with AOL Broadband, here's to some great online gaming :-)
Sun 20/07/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Can't guarantee what times i can get on each day as they vary but just look out for Laker while playing
Sat 19/07/03 at 08:37
" Crazy!"
And if you do, go to the SRS clan topic, I'll give you a game if you want.
Sat 19/07/03 at 08:37
" Crazy!"
Do you have Socom yet, if not, what is wrong with you?
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> Hundreds of other people have managed to get online with the same
> setup you have. Quitters never win.

And now i'm one of the hundreds :D

Finally got it working and registered and soon should be online getting killed on SOCOM :D Thanks to FM and Darwock for their help, much appreciated
Fri 18/07/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Shame!.
Fri 18/07/03 at 10:47
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
buy a PC if you want proper online gaming
Fri 18/07/03 at 10:29
Regular
"oaps.org"
also
option 4: throw away the instruction manual and wire it all using commonsense (manuals are for wimps)
Fri 18/07/03 at 10:21
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hundreds of other people have managed to get online with the same setup you have. Quitters never win.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.