GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import Madness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/03 at 17:56
Regular
Are they reliable?

""""""" (3) Returns, Exchanges and refunds and preorders

3a. Items can only be returned if they are sealed in their original packing and of damage. A 25% Restocking fee is charged on the item which also includes the transaction processing fee.

3b. Items can only be exchanged at the expense of the customer with regards to sending the item back to our facilities and re-shipment of the new item. ImportMadness.com may only exchange items if the item is received in the original sealed packaging and in identical condition that it was dispatched from our facilities.

3c . Refunds can only be made when the item is received back in our possession in the original condition that it was sent out, IE. Sealed and unused. A 25% Restocking fee is charged on the item which also includes the transaction processing fee.

All refunds are subject to a 5% service charge to cover costs of transaction processing.

3d. Importmadness.com, co.uk is not responsible for lost items being sent back to us. Please us an insured courier with tracking information to avoid such an occurrence.

3e. All refunded preorders are subject to a 5% service charge fee to cover costs of transactions. All preorders are taken in full because the product is then prepaid for by us to our suppliers. If a problem arises from not being able to source your preorder within a reasonable time period and a refund is requested, a 100% complete refund will be issued. We also reserve the right to rescind the contract due to product unavailability. """""""""

I was thinkin of ordering a few games of them and Natbuc has just shown me the above.

Personally I think it's a load of bolocks. You can only send it back if its in its original wrapping. How the f**k do you know if the game is broken. You gonna look at the box and say "This game is broken" and send it back!

Cheers in advance.....
Thu 17/07/03 at 14:14
Regular
"  "
I read it was at least 5 days, and it cost at leat £3 which goes up depending on weight.
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:40
Regular
How long does the Goblin Direct, Royal Mail Recorded delivery take providin the game is in stock and stuff?
Thu 17/07/03 at 10:43
Regular
"  "
Solskjær wrote:
> If you're looking for World Soccer `Winning Eleven 6: Final
> Evolution´ at a good-price, then take a look at
> www.Play-Asia.com .
>
> Not only is it pretty cheap there, but - according to Dr.Duck -
> they're very reliable.
>
>
> My copy of this game arrived yesterday - absolutley fantastic!
>
> Only problem was that I ordered it from GoblinDirect about a month
> ago, and they only got their hands on more stock over the weekend!
> AND I had to remind them to dispatch my game with an e-mail on
> Tuesday, even though they'd had this game back in-stock since
> Friday/Saturday, and my order's been with them for weeks!
>
> Never buying off them again! Too impatient, I am - especially with a
> game as superb as this!
>
>
> Still, at least the First-Class Recorded Delivery thing went right...

Hey Solsk. I thought you got the game months ago? Hmm, must have been someone else. Anyhow, I went for Lik-Sang in the end. Meant to be really reliable and the goods were cheap. I ordered last night at 8 and my tracking says the goods are already being shipped. :) Have you a USB memory card? If so, along with Alistair we could share goals or option files maybe?
Thu 17/07/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you're looking for World Soccer `Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution´ at a good-price, then take a look at www.Play-Asia.com .

Not only is it pretty cheap there, but - according to Dr.Duck - they're very reliable.

My copy of this game arrived yesterday - absolutley fantastic!

Only problem was that I ordered it from GoblinDirect about a month ago, and they only got their hands on more stock over the weekend!
AND I had to remind them to dispatch my game with an e-mail on Tuesday, even though they'd had this game back in-stock since Friday/Saturday, and my order's been with them for weeks!

Never buying off them again! Too impatient, I am - especially with a game as superb as this!

Still, at least the First-Class Recorded Delivery thing went right...
Thu 17/07/03 at 09:50
Regular
"  "
cookie monster wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Natbuc wrote:
>
> (£78 inc postage altogether).
>
> Are you insane?
>
> I have about 10 import games and never payed more than £40 for
> any of them, including postage.
>
> Read his post again.
>
> He bought more than just a game.

Yes, Winning Eleven FE, Freeloader, USB Memory Card. :)
Wed 16/07/03 at 22:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Natbuc wrote:
>
>
> Are you insane?
>
> I have about 10 import games and never payed more than £40 for
> any of them, including postage.

Read his post again.

He bought more than just a game.
Wed 16/07/03 at 21:16
Regular
Natbuc wrote:

Are you insane?

I have about 10 import games and never payed more than £40 for any of them, including postage.
Wed 16/07/03 at 21:09
Regular
"  "
In the end I looked around a couple of sites for my items (Winning Eleven Final Evolution, Freeloader, and USB 1019 block memory card). Goblin was the cheapest in the UK, but still a bit pricey if you weren't a member. King Cube was way too expensive (£60 for Winning Eleven?!?!). Ebay's ok, but you always have to wait for items to end, and the chances are you're going to get beaten at the end. Plus import games fly from there. So in the end I opted for Lik-Sang. They look very reliable, the goods were cheap, and even though the postage was £6 and took a week, they were still by far the best (£78 inc postage altogether). This was far cheaper than anywhere else. Oh and the reason I though Import Madness were dodgy was the fact that they never even see the game they sell you. They just forward your order to some Japsters meaning they aren't responsible for the goods, and if anything is wrong with it you'll end up paying for it!
Wed 16/07/03 at 20:35
Regular
I got Hitman 2 from them.

Took five days like they said, no customs or anything.
Wed 16/07/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I've used them before and there pretty good. However after buying Vexx for about £22 i soon realised when the bill come in that it was more like £40!! If you have any worries you can email them but sometimes they don't reply what looks bad, but there alright. I wouldn't order from them again though as i paid alot for faster delivery and it was about 2 days late. It's up to you! there no cowboys though..... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.