GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX, PS2 or GAMECUBE?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/10/01 at 18:55
Regular
Yo everybody.

Amongst all the new consoles due to be released I'm sure that PS2 will still be on top. I mean come on Playstation totally rules this era of gaming. Although most people seem to think that Bill Gates new system (the Xbox) is going to be the best console when it arrives, I disagree.

Its just like saying that Bruce Lee isn't still the best Martial Artist to date. Of course he is!!! He may be resting in peace, but he's still the master of Martial Arts, even though Jackie Chan and Jet Li are around. This is the same case with the Playstation2. Even though these two admittingly, beautiful consoles are on their way I think that the PS2 is going to be the Bruce Lee of gaming.

When the playstation came out it set the standard of a good games console and practically everybody wanted one. It came with a beautiful pad that fitted right into your palm comfortably and a managable memory card. FANTASTIC!!! At that time it had great graphics compared to the square graphics of the Sega Saturn and the cartoon graphics of the Snes and the best pad too. This is exactly what the PS2 is doing. It has set a higher standard of games consoles, but this time its going to be much difficult to beat due to its great, exciting games and gameplay.

Okay, the Xbox is appearing to be a revolutionary console I do admit, but can its gameplay stand up to that of the PS2? I don't think so! Its releasing such great games as Dead or Alive 3 and Tony Hawks 3. And on what console did these original games appear on first, Oh, its the Playstation. The graphics of the Xbox is better than that of the Playstation2, but not by far. PS2 games still deliver revolutionary graphics making for better, realistic games.

Not missing out the Nintendo Gamecube, I must mention that this too is shaping up to be a scorching console and a definite contender to the PS2. Unlike Microsoft, Nintendo are very experienced in gaming because they have created previous consoles and by now they will know the needs and wants of gamers. With such fun and successful games as the Mario series and its record for great games, the Gamecube is certainly going to give the PS2 a run for its money.

But still, the Playstation2 is surely going to stay strong in the excellent and very competitive games industry.
Sun 07/10/01 at 09:09
What????
Sat 06/10/01 at 15:07
o.k none of you are making any sense.
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:38
Regular
me too
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:23
Regular
Photo-Genetic wrote:
> Kid Rock wrote:
> no but i will ask him for bad stuff about you next time he
> comes on

i thought you said we would make a new start about being friends.
yeh i am i just like to hear a lot of gossip
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:17
Regular
Lord Semajal wrote:
Also may i point out thet the origional playstaion pad might have been
> good but the N64 was released and PS decided to copy the 3D stick.

It didn`t copy off the N64, in fact both copied from Amigas or Spectrums or something. Ask Wookiee Monster, and he`ll tell you which one was there first.

They kept
> the same uncomfortable controller for the PS2.

Its only uncomfortable for some. Usually those that have spent too much time using other controlles, like the unsymmetrical N64 pad.

nintendo have a NEW even more
> comfortable and better designed controller.

Down to opinion, and in mine, it wouldn`t take much to be better than the old N64 one anyway.

Also teh GC is more powerful than
> the PS2 and is about half the size.

Size matters not. Both are fairly small, and will serve you well.

Typical, more stupid console wars from
> Jats.

He didn`t make it a war, he just stated his opinion. It is replies like yours that lead to a war.
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:16
Regular
Hes told me your life story.......

It doesnt sound to good!
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:10
Kid Rock wrote:
> no but i will ask him for bad stuff about you next time he comes on

i thought you said we would make a new start about being friends.
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:08
if you don't tell me his other arm will be sprained.
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:05
Regular
He told me some really freaky stuff about you!

If i repeated it on here, i would get banned! :-D
Sat 06/10/01 at 13:50
Regular
no but i will ask him for bad stuff about you next time he comes on

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.