GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX, PS2 or GAMECUBE?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/10/01 at 18:55
Regular
Yo everybody.

Amongst all the new consoles due to be released I'm sure that PS2 will still be on top. I mean come on Playstation totally rules this era of gaming. Although most people seem to think that Bill Gates new system (the Xbox) is going to be the best console when it arrives, I disagree.

Its just like saying that Bruce Lee isn't still the best Martial Artist to date. Of course he is!!! He may be resting in peace, but he's still the master of Martial Arts, even though Jackie Chan and Jet Li are around. This is the same case with the Playstation2. Even though these two admittingly, beautiful consoles are on their way I think that the PS2 is going to be the Bruce Lee of gaming.

When the playstation came out it set the standard of a good games console and practically everybody wanted one. It came with a beautiful pad that fitted right into your palm comfortably and a managable memory card. FANTASTIC!!! At that time it had great graphics compared to the square graphics of the Sega Saturn and the cartoon graphics of the Snes and the best pad too. This is exactly what the PS2 is doing. It has set a higher standard of games consoles, but this time its going to be much difficult to beat due to its great, exciting games and gameplay.

Okay, the Xbox is appearing to be a revolutionary console I do admit, but can its gameplay stand up to that of the PS2? I don't think so! Its releasing such great games as Dead or Alive 3 and Tony Hawks 3. And on what console did these original games appear on first, Oh, its the Playstation. The graphics of the Xbox is better than that of the Playstation2, but not by far. PS2 games still deliver revolutionary graphics making for better, realistic games.

Not missing out the Nintendo Gamecube, I must mention that this too is shaping up to be a scorching console and a definite contender to the PS2. Unlike Microsoft, Nintendo are very experienced in gaming because they have created previous consoles and by now they will know the needs and wants of gamers. With such fun and successful games as the Mario series and its record for great games, the Gamecube is certainly going to give the PS2 a run for its money.

But still, the Playstation2 is surely going to stay strong in the excellent and very competitive games industry.
Sun 07/10/01 at 15:46
Regular
That's like me, im probably gonna get a PS2, there are quite a few gamnes that look good. But i'm really only after the FPS like Half Life, Deux ex oh and GTA3. The rest of the games don't really appeal to me.
Sun 07/10/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Back For Good"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
super Monkey Ball- no way

Kameo Elements of power- not my thing, no

Star Wars Rogue Leader- no

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3- PS2 version's out way before,no

Pikmin- maybe but i doubt it

Metroid Prime -maybe if nothing else comes along, actually no

Zelda- don't follow it and not that interested,no

Too Human-haven't heard of it

Extreme G3-already out on PS2 but Fusion will crush it,no

Wave Race Blue Storm- Splashdown looks way better and it's the ATV people so it's gona be class.

SSX Tricky- PS2 version out next month and this is only a port,no

1080 Snowboarding 2- no, especially with tricky around.

Looks like my PS2 will get the most attension :-)
Sun 07/10/01 at 13:21
Regular
Let me add a few games to that list

Eternal Darkness
Sonic Adventure 2
Mario Sunshine
Phantasy Star online
Perfect Dark Zero
Resident Evil's
super Monkey Ball
Kameo Elements of power
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
Pikmin
Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Zelda
Too Human
Extreme G3
Wave Race Blue Storm
SSX Tricky
1080 Snowboarding 2

The list goes on, I just can't remember it all. Compared to PS2 that's not poor at all, the majority of those titles will get AAA ratings im sure of it, okay im not 100% but it's more than likely.

Okay the PS2 has got a lot more PC conversions on it, some of them looking rather good e.g Halflife and Deux Ex. The only thing the Gamecube is missing is a decent driving game, that doesn't really matter though cause im not intrested in them anyway.
Sun 07/10/01 at 13:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
The gamecube is set to be the best of this generation but it just lacks games, Nintendo will release it's usual stuff on it mario,mario kart,zelda and all that, but I've looked long and hard at the lineup and these are the only ones i'm getting.

Eternal Darkness
Sonic Adventure 2
Mario Sunshine
Phantasy Star online
Perfect Dark Zero
Resident Evil's

Compared to what the PS2 has coming it's way this is pretty poor :-(
I hope it's gets better :-)
Sun 07/10/01 at 12:42
Regular
Well he doesn't really, i've played on a Gamecube and it certainly wasn't a page on a magazine. I had 20 mins playing Luigis Mansion, that was all I needed to realise that The Gamecube is gonna kick some serious as$. The controller is sooo much more comfortable than any other consoles controller, the graphics are jaw dropping, even Luigis mansion which I thought was gonna be a bit boring was jaw dropping.

All I can say is roll on next March.
Sun 07/10/01 at 11:19
Super Gohan wrote:
> Look, I'll only say this once. The Gamecube or the Xbox aren't even out yet. But
> the PS2 is. So there is no 'Xbox, Gamecube or PS2', there is just the
> PS2.

When they are both available, then you can start saying they are
> brilliant or crap. Tell then, the Gamecube or the Xbox are nothing but pages in
> a magazine.

True.
Listen to this person, He makes mor sens than all of us put together but he mised out the most inportant detal.....
.....GAMECUBE IS THE BEST!!!!
Sun 07/10/01 at 11:11
Look, I'll only say this once. The Gamecube or the Xbox aren't even out yet. But the PS2 is. So there is no 'Xbox, Gamecube or PS2', there is just the PS2.

When they are both available, then you can start saying they are brilliant or crap. Tell then, the Gamecube or the Xbox are nothing but pages in a magazine.
Sun 07/10/01 at 10:58
Bang!
Sun 07/10/01 at 10:53
Regular
Torax wrote:
Finoly somone that talks my
> languige.

I don't think anyone talks your language mate.
Sun 07/10/01 at 10:52
Stephen 108 wrote:
> GAMECUBE ANY DAY!!!!!!!!

Finoly somone that talks my languige.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.