GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buttons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/10/01 at 17:31
Regular
now all you web designers may think this is a really silly question, but it's genuine, you'll have to take my word for that.
anyway, how do you make buttons works? for my previous websites i've only use links, they seem to have been fine until now, i'm using more HTML stuff. With the buttons so far, i've just put a kink behine it so when the buttons clicked it will go to the link, that's a pretty raw way of doing it, but I think it works (I havn't tried it yet) anyway, i'll be grateful for any help :)
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:23
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
A Hah!! Got it to work on a Geocities.com site!!!! You just type in a link before you generate it. Just like 'index.html' then when you upload it it works!!! :-D
Wed 10/10/01 at 19:18
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
DreamWeaver 4 and DreamWeaver UltraDev 4 generate their own Flash buttons in seconds they look wicked!!!!

And they work!

But I don't know how to do a Flash Button on somewhere like Geocities.com!?? I know the code just how to use it!!
Wed 10/10/01 at 11:47
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ok, i've had a little fiddle with it this morning, i'm getting an idea of what to do, i uploaded the buttons (eventually) :) but I still need to edit the java script and I'll be doing it all day, so i'll post again later.

thankyou for all your help :D
Tue 09/10/01 at 22:14
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Let me know how it works out.
Mon 08/10/01 at 23:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Thankyou once again for your help, I havn't used dreamweaver yet, I downloaded it today but i've been a little busy with college and work.
Mon 08/10/01 at 20:00
Regular
With Dreamweaver you can just press F12 to preview it in a brower to see if it works and looks ok.

From then on its just a matter of fiddling about with it! :-)
Mon 08/10/01 at 18:20
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I think you should just be able to put the _out image in as a normal image and the javascript will do the rest. Don't put the _over anywhere on the page, it should show up when you preview the page in a browser.

Tell me if this doesn't work, there is probably a way to do it but I'll have to fiddle around with dreamweaver.
Mon 08/10/01 at 18:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Sorry, i'm using macromedia Dreamweaver. :)
Mon 08/10/01 at 17:59
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The buttons are the same size, 130x25 the only thing that changes is the colour of the text, pretty simple but it looks good. so can I stick the buttons ontop of each other?
Mon 08/10/01 at 16:26
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Is the sceond image the _over or a completely different image?

What are you using to make your site?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.