GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Given up on Gamecube."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/07/03 at 18:42
Regular
Screw it. Theres nothing Im dying to play so I got rid of Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball 2 and Burnout 2, and ill soon be rid of Pikmin and Zelda.

Then Ill probably trade the thing in or something.
Tue 22/07/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
N64 games ?? They should have been cleared ages ago !
Tue 22/07/03 at 14:44
Regular
"8==="
Practical Magic wrote:
>
> Which would be why all Woolies stores long since dropped down the
> amount of space given to the console eh ?

The two stores I've visited give equal space to all three. But had n64 games on the shelf well beyond any chain shop.

Xbox/Ps2 share the same
> amount of space, but Gamecube doesn't.

See above.

> My local store has a top 10 GC,
> and top 30 for the other two.

Mine has a top 20 for all three.

> Whsmith barely sells anything.

True but the choice they made is significant.
Tue 22/07/03 at 14:41
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Nintendo have Woolies eating out of their hands and WHSmith don't sell
> Xbox.

Which would be why all Woolies stores long since dropped down the amount of space given to the console eh ? Xbox/Ps2 share the same amount of space, but Gamecube doesn't. My local store has a top 10 GC, and top 30 for the other two. Whsmith barely sells anything.
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:24
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Nintendo have Woolies eating out of their hands and WHSmith don't sell
> Xbox.

Urgh.

You just reminded me of the dopey nob in WHsmith who tried to explain to me that Xbox games would'nt be sold in there because they had an "agreement" with Sony.
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:20
Regular
"8==="
Nintendo have Woolies eating out of their hands and WHSmith don't sell Xbox.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:57
Regular
Bargain!

HMV is excellent at times - Although the fall in Gamecube stock is rather worrying.

Rise of Nations was only £32.99 in there aswell.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:54
Regular
I didn't notice any on Boradmarsh HMV, did pick up Warcraft 3 on PC - The Collectors edition in the massive box with tons of extra's all for 19.99 though.. :) Glad I didn't pay £50 for one on eBay now !
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:44
One thing nintendo have utterly failed to grasp is an understanding of regional consumer impatience. Therefore, their policy of tackling importers, rather than working to improve lag times between the release of a given title in different areas, is fated to having a negative effect on their overall revenue, and enforcing Sony's place as leader of the console market.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:35
Regular
Practical Magic wrote:
> When I was in MVC today I noticed that the one in Nottingham seems to
> have shifter nearly it's entire (paltry) range into the sale apart
> from a top ten...

Check the HMV next teh Broadmarsh - The same thing has happened.
Mon 21/07/03 at 22:17
Regular
When I was in MVC today I noticed that the one in Nottingham seems to have shifter nearly it's entire (paltry) range into the sale apart from a top ten...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.