GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dark Chronicle"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dark Chronicle'.
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:44
Regular
ive drawn up my list of game purchases, because some big name games are coming out and promise a lot. I came across this game in ops2. even though they have been sliding down a slippery hill, they gave it a good review and i thought it looked interesting. to me, it looks like an advanced zelda game. japanesey, mini man town travelling thats huge and loads of little tricks of the game etc.

in short i was just wondering if anyone had seen anything on this or had any idea about it?
Mon 21/07/03 at 18:34
"period drama"
I did enjoy Dark Cloud - although the good ideas were not put through enough and it was very annoying at times.
Stuff like never having enough money or room in your inventory and weapons breaking all the time - plus the weapons took WAY too long to up properly. And the main bloke was redundant after you got projectile- based characters and the story was too ... gappy.

When I put it like that - the game sounds pretty crappy, eh?
But I did enjoy it. Really.

And it looks like Chronicle has got rid of the bad ideas and improved the good ones. Which should be nice - it got 89% in Play, so that's pretty good. Plus, it looks gorgeous.

Will get - probably when it's a bit cheaper.
Mon 21/07/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I've just finished playing through the first, (Dark Cloud, and i really enjoyrd it so I'm looking forwards to this game. All the reviews I have seen of it so far sing its praises, and Games TM gave it 9/10 (I think). I really can't wait for it, It sounds like it will massively improve on the original.
Mon 21/07/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It does look interesting but it's a hack and slash RPG and i can't really stand them as it gets far too repetitive and doesn't make you think. I prefer my turn based and strategy RPG's
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ive drawn up my list of game purchases, because some big name games are coming out and promise a lot. I came across this game in ops2. even though they have been sliding down a slippery hill, they gave it a good review and i thought it looked interesting. to me, it looks like an advanced zelda game. japanesey, mini man town travelling thats huge and loads of little tricks of the game etc.

in short i was just wondering if anyone had seen anything on this or had any idea about it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.