GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dark Chronicle"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dark Chronicle'.
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:44
Regular
ive drawn up my list of game purchases, because some big name games are coming out and promise a lot. I came across this game in ops2. even though they have been sliding down a slippery hill, they gave it a good review and i thought it looked interesting. to me, it looks like an advanced zelda game. japanesey, mini man town travelling thats huge and loads of little tricks of the game etc.

in short i was just wondering if anyone had seen anything on this or had any idea about it?
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:45
Regular
"The Red Shift"
some JAT was talking about this again so this should help.
Wed 23/07/03 at 10:59
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I got PSO, and subsequently, I got bored.

Slash, slash, slash. Die. Exp + 10. *fizz* noise, MORE ENEMIES!

Dark Chronicle will have story though. And hopefully, elements of *fun* :D
Tue 22/07/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
phuzzy wrote:
> I thought that'd be the obvious meaning.
>
> But if it's not turn based, it'll be like PSO's battle system!
>
> Nooooooo!

I guess you could liken Dark Chronicles battle-system to PSO. It's actually quite a tough game as it goes.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:27
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I thought that'd be the obvious meaning.

But if it's not turn based, it'll be like PSO's battle system!

Nooooooo!
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
interesting Bleeders. phuzzy, repeating what you said wont help. do you mean how are battles done, like turn based FF battles, or open fighting? if you do, its just like zelda in open fighting i think, otherwise explain what you mean
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:31
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Clazon wrote:
> meaning

I'm just asking what the battle system in Dark Chronicle is like. Anyone?
Tue 22/07/03 at 08:12
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Clazon wrote:
> ive drawn up my list of game purchases, because some big name games
> are coming out and promise a lot. I came across this game in ops2.
> even though they have been sliding down a slippery hill, they gave it
> a good review and i thought it looked interesting. to me, it looks
> like an advanced zelda game. japanesey, mini man town travelling thats
> huge and loads of little tricks of the game etc.
>
> in short i was just wondering if anyone had seen anything on this or
> had any idea about it?

Had this for well over a few months now. It's pretty good as it goes. Deep. Very deep. There is an awful lot to see and do, sometimes it can prove a little overwhelming though.

Each of the dungeons are split into around 8-segues, so it doesn't feel like your trapsing through familiar ground over and over again. It does throw a couple interesting scenarios at you. For instance: There are conditions that you can beat certain segues of a dungeon within. For example; defeating all the baddies or not using a health power-up for that particular segue.

There's also the addition of the invention facility, which enables you to meld a number of everyday components together to create a useful gadget that might come in handy later on.

As I say, it's a HUGE game. And more than makes up for the disappointment that Konami won't be releasing Suikoden 3 in the PAL market.
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
meaning
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:19
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
What is the battle system like?
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:15
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i heard about dark cloud, aswell as the movement of improving the good things and ditching the rubbish. i thought that FFFs would love it. i also agree with FFF in saying get it when its cheaper. do you agree its like zelda? i had that on the n64 and loved it up until a certain point when i just hated it. i was really good at that and was moving really quickly through it, but then, phhffft who cares.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.