GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bruce Lee - The Stupidly Fast Dude"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/10/01 at 19:34
Regular
You ask anyone at all whether they've heard of Bruce Lee and they'll say 'yes'.

He had more of an effect on martial arts films than Jesus Christ had on......errrmmmm....the world!

I've just seen 'Way of the Dragon' on DVD and that is what gave me the idea to write a topic about Bruce Lee. Now I've seen it before, but not uncut. I have the VHS and it's his worst film because almost every fight scene has been cut. The DVD of the film however, is outstanding. It's the worst film cut, but it's possibly the best uncut. I won't go into the actual quality of the DVD, I'll leave that for a review but I will say a few things about the man himself.

First of all, after seeing a few of his films uncut, I've decided I want some nunchuks. The double nunchaku scene in 'The Way of the Dragon' is unbelievable. After seeing 'Fist of Fury', I was amazed at how good he was with one pair of nunchuks. That was amazing enough. After seeing 'Way of the Dragon' however, I was just........gobsmacked. Now that word sounds stupid I know but it's the only word I can think of which actually describes it. One pair of nunchuks, okay, but two!? Two pairs of nunchuks! Keeping control like that is enough but keeping control at that speed is just down right brilliant.

He truly is the master. At one point, he practices in front of a mirror. I paused it just before he punched and it took just one frame for him to completely extend his arm and then one more to bring it back. I mean that is just stupendously fast (if 'stupendously' is a word).

If you're still not impressed then what about kicking a light bulb suspended 8 feet in the air. 8 feet!!! He wasn't exactly a big guy either so it was even more impressive.

Bruce Lee in my opinion, is just one of the coolest guys around (or was one of the coolest guys around). His facial expressions in his films are on par with Vince Mcmahon and that's no easy feat. When his lips raise slightly, you know there's about to be trouble (or rather you know someone's about to get beaten severely).

I've been a huge fan of Bruce Lee for quite a few years now and I've seen all his films (that I know of). I think 'Way of the Dragon: Uncut' has got to be my favourite although I've got 'Game of Death' coming through the post as well and I have very high hopes for that. Cut, it's the best. Uncut.....well, I'll have to wait and see.

To finish off, I'd just like to say, does anyone know if nunchuks are illegal in the UK? I want a pair desperately but I don't know whether or not they're legal. I think they probably are but my friend thinks otherwise and the nunchaku scenes were cut from the original releases of his films over here.
Wed 03/10/01 at 19:34
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You ask anyone at all whether they've heard of Bruce Lee and they'll say 'yes'.

He had more of an effect on martial arts films than Jesus Christ had on......errrmmmm....the world!

I've just seen 'Way of the Dragon' on DVD and that is what gave me the idea to write a topic about Bruce Lee. Now I've seen it before, but not uncut. I have the VHS and it's his worst film because almost every fight scene has been cut. The DVD of the film however, is outstanding. It's the worst film cut, but it's possibly the best uncut. I won't go into the actual quality of the DVD, I'll leave that for a review but I will say a few things about the man himself.

First of all, after seeing a few of his films uncut, I've decided I want some nunchuks. The double nunchaku scene in 'The Way of the Dragon' is unbelievable. After seeing 'Fist of Fury', I was amazed at how good he was with one pair of nunchuks. That was amazing enough. After seeing 'Way of the Dragon' however, I was just........gobsmacked. Now that word sounds stupid I know but it's the only word I can think of which actually describes it. One pair of nunchuks, okay, but two!? Two pairs of nunchuks! Keeping control like that is enough but keeping control at that speed is just down right brilliant.

He truly is the master. At one point, he practices in front of a mirror. I paused it just before he punched and it took just one frame for him to completely extend his arm and then one more to bring it back. I mean that is just stupendously fast (if 'stupendously' is a word).

If you're still not impressed then what about kicking a light bulb suspended 8 feet in the air. 8 feet!!! He wasn't exactly a big guy either so it was even more impressive.

Bruce Lee in my opinion, is just one of the coolest guys around (or was one of the coolest guys around). His facial expressions in his films are on par with Vince Mcmahon and that's no easy feat. When his lips raise slightly, you know there's about to be trouble (or rather you know someone's about to get beaten severely).

I've been a huge fan of Bruce Lee for quite a few years now and I've seen all his films (that I know of). I think 'Way of the Dragon: Uncut' has got to be my favourite although I've got 'Game of Death' coming through the post as well and I have very high hopes for that. Cut, it's the best. Uncut.....well, I'll have to wait and see.

To finish off, I'd just like to say, does anyone know if nunchuks are illegal in the UK? I want a pair desperately but I don't know whether or not they're legal. I think they probably are but my friend thinks otherwise and the nunchaku scenes were cut from the original releases of his films over here.
Wed 03/10/01 at 19:43
Regular
*badly dubbed*

you didnt just buy it did you?
enter the dragon is being re released next week in a special edtion box set with a tonne of extras

game of death was out on monday

whoo hoo!

*breaks out the nunchukas*
he actualy did those scenes! and they didnt need to speed them up wow
Wed 03/10/01 at 19:44
Regular
my mistake i didnt read it properly you saw WAY of the dragon

boy is my face red
Wed 03/10/01 at 21:00
Regular
Bruce Lees best film me thinks was Big Boss, if you can get hold of an uncut copy that film kicks some serious AS$.
Wed 03/10/01 at 21:29
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I used to think Big Boss was the best but now I think it's the worst. Still damn good mind.

I know Enter the Dragon is coming out in a box set but I already bought the poor DVD ages ago......so I'm annoyed.

And I just watched another interview on the 'Way of the Dragon' DVD. This is even more impressive. Some guy was saying that Bruce Lee would put a drinks can on a ledge about 12-16 feet high in the air and then try and kick it off without any assistance. He would go completely up side down and then flip over and land.

Jesus, that is amazing.

:)
Wed 03/10/01 at 21:56
Regular
I thought his worst one was Fist of Fury, but i've only seen the dubbed cut version, so that might be why.
Wed 03/10/01 at 22:10
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I don't like Fist OF Fury that much either actually. Mind you, the uncut one's not bad as he demolishes an entire school of students with his nunchaku.
Wed 03/10/01 at 22:19
Regular
His worst film was surely Game of Death 2, he's hardly even in it, it's still a quiet a good film though.
Wed 03/10/01 at 22:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. He falls from the helicopter.

What's 'Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger' do you know?

I've seen that in the video store from time to time. Another Bruce Lee film but I'd never heard of it.
Wed 03/10/01 at 22:34
Regular
No idea, I would guess it's one of those cheaply made documentarys. I've never heard of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.