GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"maxx 4dv pcs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 14:17
Regular
i want to buy myself a new pc something high spec and was going to get myself a multivision system but after a bit of detective work using rommulus i have decided against them because of the apparent poor after sales service. my question then is has any1 here bought themselves a maxx pc and if so what kind experiences you have had as regards stability performance and after sales service, any comments will be greatly appreciated as i have been stung before and would not like to repeat the experience.
Fri 25/07/03 at 17:54
Regular
"I see you"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> Around how much do you guys reckon it would cost to build your own
> PC
> with the latest sound card, graphics card etc.
>
> Check the "My planned gaming rig" post and Uncle Alberts one
> aswell.
>
> It'll cost you roughly £500 - £700.

Are you mad if you want the latest and best components you're talking at least well over a the price you've said. Provided you actually want it to be at least half decent and the best piece of your computer should always be your motherboard.
Fri 25/07/03 at 12:07
Regular
Bah, that's way too much money for me :(
Fri 25/07/03 at 10:14
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Around how much do you guys reckon it would cost to build your own PC
> with the latest sound card, graphics card etc.

Check the "My planned gaming rig" post and Uncle Alberts one aswell.

It'll cost you roughly £500 - £700.
Fri 25/07/03 at 09:50
Regular
Around how much do you guys reckon it would cost to build your own PC with the latest sound card, graphics card etc.
Thu 24/07/03 at 23:49
Regular
"are you serious"
Silent Assassin wrote:
> Ghoul, how much do you know about PC's and the workings of them. Can
> you install graphic/sound cards, cd-rom's etc?
>
> If you can do basic stuff like this then you should be capable of
> building your very own gaming machine. I'm no expert and only recently
> built myself a PC (i'm in the process of building another one at the
> end of the month) and found it quite easy but at first i was scared
> i'd mess something up.

If i am honest all i ever fitted in a pc was ram and it doesnt get much simpler than that allthough i would like to build myself a system in the future.

the pc i want this time however would contain very expensive components such as 256mb geforce fx5900 and the like so if i was to make a mistake building a system like that it could be very costly indeed and i can only afford to buy this system once as i am not likely to be able to afford it again :(

having said that i have been boosted by the fact that you guys have had good experiences with building your own systems and will definately have a go myself all be it with some smaller specs in the future
Thu 24/07/03 at 20:11
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Reading the manuals is kind of a given though...
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:54
Regular
"I see you"
* unless they read the manuals.
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:53
Regular
"I see you"
Calm down, i was only stating a point, i wasn't saying you were wrong in any way. It's just that a newbie computer builder would not necessary know where the cards or cables go.
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:49
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Silent Assassin wrote:
> it does matter in a way though, besides your manuals will tell which
> is the correct way to insert cards and cables.

How does it?

Spazzy voice:
"UMMM...there are 4 PCI slots and this is a PCI card...where do I put it?"
ANY OF THEM.

The only other things are IDE sockets and RAM sockets, but anyone with half a brain will put the RAM in left-to-right (Although I think it will actually work regardless of slots in some motherboards) and the Hard Drive and Secondary IDE connectors are clearly colour-coded as to which one to use for what.

Building a PC really is very simple.
90% of the components will only go in one place
with 9% of the remaining parts it won't matter where you insert them if there's more than one slot, with the extra 1% being the exception to this rule, and even this is either clearly colour-coded, marked, or explained in the manual, as you said.
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:41
Regular
"I see you"
Memorandum wrote:
> You don't even need experience to do it.
>
> Most things will only go in one place, and if they will fit in more
> than one, chances are it doesn't matter which you choose.

it does matter in a way though, besides your manuals will tell which is the correct way to insert cards and cables.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.