GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"maxx 4dv pcs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 14:17
Regular
i want to buy myself a new pc something high spec and was going to get myself a multivision system but after a bit of detective work using rommulus i have decided against them because of the apparent poor after sales service. my question then is has any1 here bought themselves a maxx pc and if so what kind experiences you have had as regards stability performance and after sales service, any comments will be greatly appreciated as i have been stung before and would not like to repeat the experience.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:17
Regular
"are you serious"
i want to buy myself a new pc something high spec and was going to get myself a multivision system but after a bit of detective work using rommulus i have decided against them because of the apparent poor after sales service. my question then is has any1 here bought themselves a maxx pc and if so what kind experiences you have had as regards stability performance and after sales service, any comments will be greatly appreciated as i have been stung before and would not like to repeat the experience.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think it would be worth buying one- seeing all the awards MAXX PCs have won. The other good part is that they are made for gaming, unlike most PCs.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:30
Regular
"are you serious"
thanks der i had noticed the awards they had gotten themselves but similarly multivision are adorned in awards from this mag or that but in some forums i have read people have not been happy with the after sales service they receive check out the feedback arena at http://www.romulus2.com/index.shtml for some real horror stories
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:39
Regular
"I see you"
ghoul wrote:
> thanks der i had noticed the awards they had gotten themselves but
> similarly multivision are adorned in awards from this mag or that but
> in some forums i have read people have not been happy with the after
> sales service they receive check out the feedback arena at
> http://www.romulus2.com/index.shtml for some real horror stories

I've said this before and i shall say it again, build one yourself because then you'll know exactly what your putting in the machine and you also get the satisfaction of saying to yourself 'look what i've built'. Also you'll be able to save yourself a bit of money, just shop around and compare prices before you commit yourself to buying any parts.

I'm actually ordering all my stuff for my new PC at the end of the month, i'm just waiting for pay day!

If you don't know how to build computer check out this website it's pretty detailed and it's not to confusing http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:44
Regular
"I see you"
One more piece of advice if you are going to build your own PC, buy a decent motherboard, cos in the long run it'll work out cheaper that way because when and if you want to upgrade all you have to do is change your processor.
Thu 24/07/03 at 02:39
Regular
"are you serious"
Silent Assassin wrote:
> One more piece of advice if you are going to build your own PC, buy a
> decent motherboard, cos in the long run it'll work out cheaper that
> way because when and if you want to upgrade all you have to do is
> change your processor.

thanks for the advice silent but i'm just not tech savvy enough to risk trying to build my own high end machine, i will no doubt end up spending more due to silly mistakes i will inevitably make along the way maybe i will build a little un in the future tho as a first time effort and will keep your advice in mind
Thu 24/07/03 at 02:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Silent, you seem to forget that not everyone is comfortable building their own computer. Especially if its their first PC.
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:22
Regular
"I see you"
cookie monster wrote:
> Silent, you seem to forget that not everyone is comfortable building
> their own computer. Especially if its their first PC.

You have to start somewhere and with the way PC's are designed today they go together as easy as a jigsaw puzzle and the only really technical thing about them is the bios and when it comes to installing your software.
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:27
Regular
Building a PC brings out the kid in you.

Its a cross between Lego and Mecanno.

Hehe.
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:29
Regular
Silent Assasin do you have some sort of experience in buildings PC's?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.