GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone seen anything about this one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/07/03 at 23:09
Regular
Released on Friday, "Stalker:Oblivion Lost"
I've been quietly reading about this for months, and it's out soon?

An FPS set in Chernobyl, supposedly fantastic visuals etc but I've found practically zero info for a loooong time.
Anyone know anything about it?
Sun 03/08/03 at 14:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
STALKER has more in common with Deus Ex 2 game-play wise, which is why I'm looking forward to just as much as Half Life 2. Either way I'll be getting both so it doesn't really matter.
Sun 03/08/03 at 11:13
Regular
Looks great but I doubt it's a half-life 2 beater.
Sun 03/08/03 at 01:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'd never heard of it, but it looks excellent, shame if it is six months away though
Sat 02/08/03 at 23:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Then check out the link i provided earlier, click on gallery and soak up those loovely looking screenshot. It's supposedly got 50 hours worth of game-play to get through, and is more adventure based than most FPS, so a worthy equal to Half-life 2 I reckon.
Sat 02/08/03 at 23:07
Regular
I've ever heard of this game, tbh.
Sat 02/08/03 at 21:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Silent Assassin wrote:
> I could have sworn it was a 2004 release but SR have it down as
> released yesturday but they don't have any copies.

I don't think the game has gone gold yet, so I would say SR have the release date slightly wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
Sat 02/08/03 at 17:35
Regular
SR ain't very accurate on their release dates.
Sat 02/08/03 at 15:45
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> I'm very much looking forward to this game myself, almost as much as
> Half-Life 2 infact. I doubt it's going to be released this Friday
> though, in fact last I heard it was going to be an early 2004 release.

I could have sworn it was a 2004 release but SR have it down as released yesturday but they don't have any copies.
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm very much looking forward to this game myself, almost as much as Half-Life 2 infact. I doubt it's going to be released this Friday though, in fact last I heard it was going to be an early 2004 release.

Take a look at the games web site for all the info you could need about the game, it tells quite allot of info about the environments, the game-play, the weapons, enemies, and of course that beautiful looking graphics engine. You can also download a five minute trailer which shows the game in action, well worth a look.

http://www.stalker-game.com/index_eng.html
Thu 31/07/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Goatboy wrote:
> An FPS set in Chernobyl, supposedly fantastic visuals etc but I've
> found practically zero info for a loooong time.
> Anyone know anything about it?

Actually it rang no bells until you mentioned Chernobyl, but I'm sure I saw something long long ago in PCGamer about a development team who went to Chernobyl for some research to their upcoming game. I'll see if I can dig it out later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.