GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand turismo 4?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:22
Regular
Grand turismo 3 was brilliant and was quoted one of the most realistic driving games. But if it was so realistic how come when you hit a barrier of a corner at 300 MPH your car was still in perfect condition. I think that if a new one is made then there should acctually be damage to the cars and parts actually fly off. Does any one know if there is going to be a gt4 and if so what will it include. what do you think it should include?
Fri 01/08/03 at 17:10
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Mark, did you like the Burberry Metro ?
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:37
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Surely the translation has been done before?

GT
GT2
GT3
GT : Concept

Or am I just imagining this??

Gearbox translated once is err once, they've got the code, they know how gearbox is spelt so what's the bloody problem?
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
you could start translating before release date in japan. but i dont really care aslong as its out before mid next year, along with a couple other games. :)
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Try translating a game into about 10 different languages in three months. It won't happen.
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
yes, but i was implying that the japanese etc. would get it in november and we would maybe see it coming in the new year.
Fri 01/08/03 at 10:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Clazon wrote:
> i agree that the release date could be optimistic, but who knows, it
> could be out late january for us or something.

---

The thing is, it's practically impossible to completely translate the game in a month. There are thousands and thousands of engine parts and descriptions, etc.

And it's not just translating it into English - it's translating it into English, French, German, Spanish, Portugese, Italian. That's why we don't get games at the same time as the Americans.
Fri 01/08/03 at 08:42
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i agree that the release date could be optimistic, but who knows, it could be out late january for us or something. i was using ther interview that yamauchi gave and so if he says no damage, and he doesnt like the online play idea, then that might give you hints. release dates vary all the time though.
Fri 01/08/03 at 01:09
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I think April/May is a bit opimistic, my money would be on June/July
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That's not proving you're right at all.

They're hoping it'll be out by December - December is a rumoured release date. Rumoured. All that means is that there've been people somewhere saying that the game will be out in December; and these people saying this doesn't necessarily mean it's true. They're hoping for a December release, but Sony themselves have penciled a December release in Japan, meaning April/May here.

And gamers would feel pretty annoyed if the game was changed with the online play taken out. At E3 people were playing it using i-Link, with online capabilites already available. The die hard Gran Turismo fans wouldn't like it if online play was removed.
Thu 31/07/03 at 15:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i knew i was right (well almost)

issue 34 ops2 (june): bottom of page 9

"the rumour that it will be out in december 2003, opsm bloody hope so." - the belief it will be out in december.

issue 35 opsm (july): page 61_64

"when asked about car damage, Kazanori Yamauchi says no, sorry."- quite evidently the creator of the game says no.

comments on the estimated december release say ops2 are confident, although kaz says very little."

(although this was said in the interview and story in the middle. the spy release dates chart said tbc 2004?)

finally, when typing in gt4 and clicking on the link in amazon, it clearly says: "26 december 2003"

* all quotes have been altered slightly, but you get the idea.

ps. as for the online play i may have been a little hasty. in the same interview, kaz says when asked about it "im not happy about it because the graphics and latency will cause problems"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.