GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back - and it's about time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/10/01 at 12:36
Regular
Yes, i can now confirm that I have been enjoying an all too brief spell of sunshine and cheap beer over in Spain for the past two weeks. The reason I didn't say anything here is that this is an open forum and security is not exactly very good if you let everyone and their mother know that you have vacated your house for two weeks!

Did I get a tan? Not really. I didn't even get to see a beach (apart from looking at one as I went passed in the car) I spent the time visiting relatives in the hills and shopping in Spain's equivalent of Tesco (Carrefour) Oh, and looking at a load of customised cars that had sound systems that would make your ears bleed.

Don't worry though, I have made lots of observations about computing and many other aspects of Spanish life, which I will endeavor to report on these very forums (whether anyone reads them or not is another matter...)

Now my task is to once again be a part of these forums after my long stay away. I missed my chats with you lot while I was PC less, although taking my old PSX over to give to my brother-in-law made the pain a bit easier.

Oh, and one more interesting thing about my trip. I just happened to pick up a PS2 while I was out there, with GT3, so I am now up-to-date with consoles (as far as the UK is concerned anyway) How this affects my intended purchase of a Gamecube I don't know, but I'll have to work on that one!
Mon 01/10/01 at 17:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
aww naw, no him.

;-)
Mon 01/10/01 at 16:41
Regular
Hmmm... this seems an appropriate topic.

Tendo Box reports that Paper Mario is to be released on Friday over here. Possibly the last N64 game, and a decent one too, apparently. Might be worth a look.
Mon 01/10/01 at 16:23
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Why hello there, me old pal, pb the Notable!

How long exactly did you go away for!?

Get a Gamecube as well, mate, they're small enough, as Meka said, and they look rather spiffing too! Maybe your wife will like look at the Gamecube as a stylish, fashionable piece of kit that is a must-have around the house! ;-)

Great to see you back, Shocky.
Mon 01/10/01 at 16:19
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I see the holiday knocked some sense into your head then, pb! :D

Hope you had a great time- even if you didn't go to the beach (if that's possible?)

Oh, and welcome back!
Mon 01/10/01 at 16:18
Regular
Hurrah, welcome back! We've now got about half the notables here!

I agree with Meka. You could easily hide the Gamecube behind a pot plant or something... and you could say you could just win games, instead of buying them. I'm sure we could set up a "Keep Pb's marriage together fund" and donate some games.

Bah, you'll win more than what we'd give you anyway. :0)

Ermm... not much to say, really. There's a WHSmith story writing competition going on at the moment, check either the story or life forum for info... I think the link is on life. £5000 first prize, and a book deal.

And that's about it. Done quite a bit in the story though, might require a long sit down, and a deep head scratch.
Mon 01/10/01 at 15:54
Regular
Vector's been removed in the last few minutes.

Why?????
Mon 01/10/01 at 15:46
Regular
Paul! Good to see you mate...bout time as well. I was wondering where you had sneaked off to. Good time to return as wel.....*cough* forums need help *cough*. Anyways. I won't bore you to death with a welcome back speech, instead I will just let you go on about your business.

VKTR
Mon 01/10/01 at 15:29
Regular
LOL
Mon 01/10/01 at 15:28
Then surely a divorce is the next logical step. You'll be entitled to 50% of her assests or something.

???
Mon 01/10/01 at 14:53
"possibly impossible"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> He could always just take the bed out of his room, that'd probably make enough
> room. Might have to play standing up though.

Ah, but I am in the priveliged position of having the consoles in my lounge. The cabinet was originally for my TV, but I have a nice Swedish wooden one for that now, so I use it for my consoles instead. My wife's view is that the more consoles I get, the more games I have to get for them and the less money there is to spend on the house.

Of course, she's right, which makes it all the more annoying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.