GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back - and it's about time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/10/01 at 12:36
Regular
Yes, i can now confirm that I have been enjoying an all too brief spell of sunshine and cheap beer over in Spain for the past two weeks. The reason I didn't say anything here is that this is an open forum and security is not exactly very good if you let everyone and their mother know that you have vacated your house for two weeks!

Did I get a tan? Not really. I didn't even get to see a beach (apart from looking at one as I went passed in the car) I spent the time visiting relatives in the hills and shopping in Spain's equivalent of Tesco (Carrefour) Oh, and looking at a load of customised cars that had sound systems that would make your ears bleed.

Don't worry though, I have made lots of observations about computing and many other aspects of Spanish life, which I will endeavor to report on these very forums (whether anyone reads them or not is another matter...)

Now my task is to once again be a part of these forums after my long stay away. I missed my chats with you lot while I was PC less, although taking my old PSX over to give to my brother-in-law made the pain a bit easier.

Oh, and one more interesting thing about my trip. I just happened to pick up a PS2 while I was out there, with GT3, so I am now up-to-date with consoles (as far as the UK is concerned anyway) How this affects my intended purchase of a Gamecube I don't know, but I'll have to work on that one!
Mon 01/10/01 at 12:36
"possibly impossible"
Yes, i can now confirm that I have been enjoying an all too brief spell of sunshine and cheap beer over in Spain for the past two weeks. The reason I didn't say anything here is that this is an open forum and security is not exactly very good if you let everyone and their mother know that you have vacated your house for two weeks!

Did I get a tan? Not really. I didn't even get to see a beach (apart from looking at one as I went passed in the car) I spent the time visiting relatives in the hills and shopping in Spain's equivalent of Tesco (Carrefour) Oh, and looking at a load of customised cars that had sound systems that would make your ears bleed.

Don't worry though, I have made lots of observations about computing and many other aspects of Spanish life, which I will endeavor to report on these very forums (whether anyone reads them or not is another matter...)

Now my task is to once again be a part of these forums after my long stay away. I missed my chats with you lot while I was PC less, although taking my old PSX over to give to my brother-in-law made the pain a bit easier.

Oh, and one more interesting thing about my trip. I just happened to pick up a PS2 while I was out there, with GT3, so I am now up-to-date with consoles (as far as the UK is concerned anyway) How this affects my intended purchase of a Gamecube I don't know, but I'll have to work on that one!
Mon 01/10/01 at 12:40
WooHoo pb joins the PS2 collective.

Did you get it all cheap and stuff?
Mon 01/10/01 at 12:45
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I can't play PS2 anymore... my friend sold his so he could get his motorbike resprayed.

Ah well, just his dreamcast left to keep me going till he gets his pre-ordered X-Box.

(I pity you people who have to buy them yourselves in order to play them.)
Mon 01/10/01 at 12:57
"I hate that!!!"
What a lucky guy your friend must be.
Mon 01/10/01 at 13:23
"possibly impossible"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> WooHoo pb joins the PS2 collective.

Did you get it all cheap and stuff?

Kind of, yeah. It was a 1st year anniversary competition thing.... ;-)

Just involved me finding more space in my console cabinet (alongside the DC, N64 and Saturn...) Don't know if I'm 'allowed' a Gamecube as well!

Now all I need is some PS2 games to play on the thing, oh, and a memory card. Hm. I'll just have a look at SR's prices....
Mon 01/10/01 at 13:26
Regular
Gah. PS2.

But welcome back pb.
Mon 01/10/01 at 13:34
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Im getting a PS2 now theres been a price drop, looking forward to GT

Still getting a Gamecube mind.
Mon 01/10/01 at 13:45
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
VenomByte wrote:
> I can't play PS2 anymore... my friend sold his so he could get his motorbike
> resprayed.

Ah well, just his dreamcast left to keep me going till he gets his
> pre-ordered X-Box.

(I pity you people who have to buy them yourselves in
> order to play them.)

you tight ba$%*rd
Mon 01/10/01 at 13:52
Regular
"Back in black"
Well it's nice to see you back PB.
Mon 01/10/01 at 13:54
Regular
"not dead"
WELCOME BACK!

pb wrote:

Just involved me finding more space in my console
> cabinet (alongside the DC, N64 and Saturn...) Don't know if I'm 'allowed' a
> Gamecube as well!

The 'CUBE is tiny, the space you've made by getting rid of the PSX is big enough for both the PS2 and the 'CUBE.

Mind you, you'd have to clear out the lot if you were thinking of getting an Xbox.

Darned beast that it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.