GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone heard of the new Simspon game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Simpsons: Hit & Run'.
Mon 04/08/03 at 20:12
Regular
It looks really good. I think it's called Simpsons- Hit and Run. It's apparently kinda like gta except instead of stars there is a meter. There's meant to be every single Simpson "mandmark", and the magazine said it has over 5000 different lines of individual speech -excluding cutscenes. Over 80 vehicles which you earn from missions, and in this you have the freedom to go wherever you want, like moes or somewhere. Anyways, anyone gonna get this?
Mon 04/08/03 at 20:12
"cheerios"
It looks really good. I think it's called Simpsons- Hit and Run. It's apparently kinda like gta except instead of stars there is a meter. There's meant to be every single Simpson "mandmark", and the magazine said it has over 5000 different lines of individual speech -excluding cutscenes. Over 80 vehicles which you earn from missions, and in this you have the freedom to go wherever you want, like moes or somewhere. Anyways, anyone gonna get this?
Mon 04/08/03 at 20:16
Regular
More lines of speech that Road Rage, that got annoying after half an hour as they said the same lines over and over again.
Mon 04/08/03 at 20:18
"cheerios"
This one is meant to have a story line and stuff like that- i think it was pretty much corny and farfetched. It starts off with homer swatting a bee and starting an intergalactic war. Nevertheless, the actual game looks good.
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I refuse to buy it. Simspons games, no matter how much actual work is put into the development of them, always turn out to be utter balls.
Mon 04/08/03 at 22:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Simpsons = Quality
GTA = Dull, ugly sadistic crap

Put the two together and you *might* get a good game.
Mon 04/08/03 at 22:06
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Simpsons = Quality
> GTA = Great game
>
> Put the two together and we'll HOPEfully see an amazing game.

I think that's what he meant to say.
Mon 04/08/03 at 23:19
Regular
I'm gonna give it a try when it gets a UK release - if anything, it'll sell as the GTA for kids.
Tue 05/08/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd like to think this one would be different (and actually GOOD), but I've thought the same about one-or-two of the other Simpsons games, and just look at them.

I reckon I'll still get it, though - just for the experience of being able to go just about ANYWHERE in Springfield, just as long as it's been on TV!

...But it SHOULD be good - seeing as they nicked MY idea from the old "Game Ideas" forum from a couple of months back, for this one!! :P
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:06
Regular
Looks good to me, fully intreractive Springfield and stuff. Even if the missions suck, the chance to walk around Springfield and stuff sells it to me.

Road Rage IMO was nowhere near as bad as people made out, it had a lot of problems but I still enjoyed it.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
To be honest, exploring Springdfield is about as fun as having your eyes gouged out.

Its only cool when its in the cartoon, and something hilarious is happening, not when Homer randomly says one of his pre-scripted comments.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.