GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo in trouble... suspending Gamecube production"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/03 at 13:28
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3134651.stm
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:22
Regular
but playtstat9ion haz gunz!!!1!1!

and iz better then ex-box (hahahaha!) and gaypube!1
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:21
Regular
"8==="
Yup Playsation is the way to go for quantity over quality, and style over content.

GTA anyone? ;)
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Aye, stores seem to find refuge in the sanctity that is the playstation popularity bosom. Needless to say unwary consumers can't really see that its a dying format with inferior architecture.

*Masquerades*
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:18
Regular
"^_^"
It is because playstation monopolise all of the stores. With almost every shop i walk into saying that Playstation is the way to go...
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:17
Regular
"8==="
Good thing they have the cash to do it. :)
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:13
Regular
Sames.

Nintendo have REALLY buggered up the Gamecube era.

They'll learn when it comes to marketing the N5.
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I agree with Hedfix.

The Gamecube successor will bring Nintendo back from the brink to the success of the SNES era.
Sat 09/08/03 at 12:49
Regular
"8==="
Before anyone jumps to the 'fanboy conclusion'.

May I just point out I own:

25 Xbox games
14 GC games

I don't want to see Nintendo fail as they prevent the market from stagnating, are responsible for innovative gameplay ideas and pride themselves in quality over quantity.

Who would want to see a company like that fail?

It would be bad for the industry in the long run.
Sat 09/08/03 at 12:44
Regular
"8==="
Nintendo are in the black.

This appears to be a 'transition period' for them. Game Cube is being used used to try different approaches in game and product development. Examples of this Include in-roads made with Lost Kingdoms, interesting products such as the GB player to open the GC to a huge back catalogue of games, Nintendo is farming out it licences to re-vitalise itself and leave itself free to create some new licences.

I predict some serious changes in how Nintendo approaches the market. Luckily Nintendo have enough revenue to be albe to experiment and come back stronger.

GC may turn out to be Nintendo's Saturn. But I doubt GC2 will die like the Dreamcast did as we should have a new Nintendo by then. A Nintendo that can Market, with new licences which appeal to the mass-market along with older licences.

Nintendo will probably end up with a market-worthy machine very much like the Playstation. But with a better average of quality titles and a more intuitive approach to gaming.
Sat 09/08/03 at 12:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
er-no wrote:
> Microsoft will not make any money back on the Xbox at all

The thing is that doesn't matter to Microsoft. They have enough money to give the Xbox away.

The Xbox hasn't sold AMAZINGLY, but it has made an impact. In the land of 'adults' gaming it is a more popular choice in the UK at least.

I think Microsoft will do a lot better when the Xbox 2 hits the shelves.

The only reason Sony did so significantly well this round was due to it bringing out its console a year or more ahead of the rest.

This will be different next time round, and it will be a more interesting battle!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.