GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just a thought....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/08/03 at 13:21
Regular
Apparently Capcom are working on one of Nintendo's big franchises for GC. Well Capcom made the 2 latest Zelda games on GB, you don't think there might be the possibility that Capcom are making the next Zelda game on Cube do you?

I suppose a Capcom and Nintendo alliance for Zelda could work, might make it appeal to more mainstream gamers, maybe a darker look?

Who knows, if this were the case then it would say to me that Nintendo really have got big plans for the next console. There's very few new games actually coming from Nintendo themselves.

Oh and if yall didn't know, it's been confirmed that Factor 5 are working on a Pilotwings sequel for Cube. I can only imagine who amazing that's gonna be, can't wait.
Sat 09/08/03 at 18:31
Regular
Nah

The only reason we're getting another Zelda game so soon is that it's using the engine, graphics and models of Wind Waker.
Sat 09/08/03 at 18:00
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Now that I've played the gorgeous cartoon Zelda I'm not sure i'd want a realistic Zelda.
Sat 09/08/03 at 17:19
Regular
I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom pushed for a more realistic look.
Sat 09/08/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The bit I most enjoyed was probably playing on the Birdman mode and spending hours exploring the USA map. I explored every little bit of the map and found some amazing little areas. The snow map was stunning too.
Sat 09/08/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Ive never played PilotWings.
>
> But i'll let myself be swept up in the hype anyways.
>
> You never played Pilotwings on the N64?
>
> It was like the greatest game that nobody ever played. Absoloutly
> superb, relaxing and gobsmacking too look at.
>
> Can only imagine what Factor 5 will do with the graphics, roll on 2004
> I say.

Agreed. Pilotwings is a lovely game. A nice sense of flight and freedom, mixed in with some adrenalin-fuelled gyrocopter action.
I still remember when I first played the game. I'd got back from buying my N64 on launch day (and being totally ripped-off by Dixons- £250 for the console, and £60 for Mario, Pilotwings and Shadows of the Empire), played Mario 64 for a long while then slapped the PW64 cartridge in the console. I was a little disappointed with the huge borders at the top and bottom of the screen, but apart from that it was a fantastically relaxing gaming experience.

I expect an amazing title from Factor 5. They've proved they can make gorgeous landscapes and great flight dynamics, so the new Pilotwings will be near the top of my most wanted list.
Sat 09/08/03 at 14:43
Regular
guffbutt *snigger*
Sat 09/08/03 at 14:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Forsaken was guffbutt.

Fly around for ages trying to find your mate, then once you find each other stand still and blast each other because the controls were iffy.
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:39
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> That was a maximum stinkuss.

WAAAH! :D

It was excellent and it kicked Descent's butt all over the place!
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:37
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> Forsaken 64.

That was a maximum stinkuss.

It was even worse than Descent which it stole all its ideas from.

Pilotwings was amazing, specially when it was originally released. I nearly shat myself when I saw the graphics. Skydiving and the Cannon Launching this were just pure class, specially when you blasted yourself into Mount Rushmoor and Wario's head appeared.
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:34
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> You never played Pilotwings on the N64?
>
> It was like the greatest game that nobody ever played. Absoloutly
> superb, relaxing and gobsmacking too look at.

Sounds cool. I doubt it'd beat my "greatest game that nobody ever played" though.

Forsaken 64.

Curse all those who didn't buy it!!!

Should be a bloody franchise by now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.