GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just a thought....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/08/03 at 13:21
Regular
Apparently Capcom are working on one of Nintendo's big franchises for GC. Well Capcom made the 2 latest Zelda games on GB, you don't think there might be the possibility that Capcom are making the next Zelda game on Cube do you?

I suppose a Capcom and Nintendo alliance for Zelda could work, might make it appeal to more mainstream gamers, maybe a darker look?

Who knows, if this were the case then it would say to me that Nintendo really have got big plans for the next console. There's very few new games actually coming from Nintendo themselves.

Oh and if yall didn't know, it's been confirmed that Factor 5 are working on a Pilotwings sequel for Cube. I can only imagine who amazing that's gonna be, can't wait.
Tue 12/08/03 at 13:22
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Surely Nintendo could add good facial expressions and a more serious
> look together.

Kidding right? The reason why all those cool facial expressions, need animations and everything moving independantly happened was because of the cel-shaded design... that's why it was chosen.

As Miyamoto put it, "Realistic graphics only look realistic, they don't feel realistic"
Tue 12/08/03 at 13:19
Regular
Surely Nintendo could add good facial expressions and a more serious look together.
Tue 12/08/03 at 13:15
Regular
Starlight wrote:

>
> As for the Zelda thing, despite what everyone else might say to this
> but I want a full on lushious graphics display Zelda game like we saw
> way back at Spacewolrd 2000.

What moving in a static motion, characters facial expressions gone... it feeling more like a lifeless PS game than a graphically moving wonderful Nintendo one?

If that's what you want.
Tue 12/08/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I doubt Capcom will be working with Nintendo on the very-next, proper, Zelda adventure. It's a nice though, but Zelda games have ALWAYS been Nintendo, and, as I'm sure you'll agree, you wouldn't want a single-thing to change.

I wouldn't rule-out the possibillity of them working on a fully-3D `Four Swords´-style Zelda game, though...

That WOULD be interesting!! :D

The Zelda series is doing fine as it is.
Unlike Metroid, it hasn't been away for many years, and doesn't need any "new" or "different" ideas or approaches to it so that people will be drawn back-into the games; or to it for the very-first time.
Mon 11/08/03 at 13:20
Regular
Even if the cel-shading stays, I would be very suprised if all the characters, locations, etc, look the same.

Obviously Link (or the hero in the same bloodline as Link) will look similar (but hopefully a little more like his original self - but not 8-bit :D), as will the Princess Zelda of the time, but whatever happens, I'm sure the game'll be great.

As for Tetra's Trackers - doesn't interest me one bit I'm afriad.

By the way, I would be very suprised if the GameCube could handle FMV graphics as ingame graphics without slowdown, jaggedness and poor gameplay, so I wouldn't expect a Zelda game as amazingly detailed as the Spaceworld Technical Demo.
Mon 11/08/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Starlight wrote:
> As for the Zelda thing, despite what everyone else might say to this
> but I want a full on lushious graphics display Zelda game like we saw
> way back at Spacewolrd 2000.

Ditto! Though the cell shaded look suited that Zelda game. Don't really fancy another like that!

And I do believe that the new one will be a change from the cell shaded look!

:D
Mon 11/08/03 at 00:20
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Pilotwings ruled in the biggest of ways, eve more so on the N64.

I loved the level where you had to take pictures of the hotel with the waterfall as well as other landmarks and the skydive type thing where you dive off the snowy hill and have to go through all the rings before catching the wind and going up to land on the top of another cliff.

Oh and then there's birdman...

As for the Zelda thing, despite what everyone else might say to this but I want a full on lushious graphics display Zelda game like we saw way back at Spacewolrd 2000.
Sun 10/08/03 at 10:32
Regular
I didn't love Forsaken 64 but I didn't hate it either... twas alright.

As for Capcom developing Zelda I highly doubt it as the new Zelda designer (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and was involved deeply in all past Zelda games) has already begun work on it.

Capcom have already developed a few Nintendo owned titles, three Zelda games on the GBA, the crap Micky Mouse game they released last year and erm another upcoming mickey mouse game.

Nintendo own that license.
Sat 09/08/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Ive got forsaken 64 its bloody brilliant, multiplayer's good on it an all. It can be a bit hard though.
Sat 09/08/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Hedfix wrote:
> Forsaken 64.
>
> Curse all those who didn't buy it!!!
>
> Should be a bloody franchise by now!

Agreed! Is one of my fav N64 games!

Far too underrated!

Was a quality game!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.