GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A waste of webspace."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/08/03 at 11:41
Regular
http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10037&mid=268630

god help the poor saps who pre-order.
Sun 10/08/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, warcraft rocks, do you have The Frozen Throne?

Not yet, waiting for it to come down - Warcraft 3 Collectors edition with all the extra stuff was only 19.99 from HMV in their sale, hence I'm waiting for Frozen Throne, may get it if Gamestation get a second hand one in.

I don't think the US is overpowered, they're just the easiest to use as the other sides require more thought as to how you use them, if you play with them the same as you do US then you stand no chance at all.
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Belldandy wrote:
> GTA Vice City is superb

It's alright, but Mafia is so much better.
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> It's also unbalanced, the US are overpowered.

EA call it realism.
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:16
Regular
Well we had 6 high end PCs and did a LAN game of Generals, it stuttered so bad and ran at about 1/3 it's proper speed. And yet we can play massive games of WCIII, UT2k3, Wolfenstein etc. and not get any lag at all.

It's also unbalanced, the US are overpowered.

I used to think it was alright, but then I got WCIII and suddenly playing Generals was torture.
Sun 10/08/03 at 17:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Belldandy wrote:
> Arguably it isn't the worst coded game ever, as the engine it runs on
> does the job well. Not my favourite RTS though, that'd be Warcraft 3,
> followed by Rise Of Nations.

Yeah, warcraft rocks, do you have The Frozen Throne?
Sun 10/08/03 at 16:35
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> C&C Generals is awful. Possibly the worst coded game ever.

This is one of my Fav's for PC (That I own anyway). I have to agree on the 2nd point though as far as the error messages go. I got an error message before saying "An error occured". Hmmmm, that helps, NOT.
Sun 10/08/03 at 16:15
Regular
Arguably it isn't the worst coded game ever, as the engine it runs on does the job well. Not my favourite RTS though, that'd be Warcraft 3, followed by Rise Of Nations.

Raven Shield, now that's a buggy game, every patch adds new delights (as in makes something else that previously worked, not work)....
Sun 10/08/03 at 16:06
Regular
"8==="
Mabye different hardware components?
Sun 10/08/03 at 16:04
Regular
How's that WS ? I see no problem with it and it runs smoothly. Not too many units but at least they are balanced.
Sun 10/08/03 at 15:39
Regular
C&C Generals is awful. Possibly the worst coded game ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.