GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo- where will it's brilliance end"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/09/01 at 13:14
Regular
When you hear the word 'Nintendo' you think of a games company that is the home of Mario, but somehow Nintendo still lagged behind Sony with it's big hit the Playstation 2(PS2) but now out of the blue came a big wad of cash for Nintendo to buy up Sony! As well as the Gamecube (which is already out in Japan) and the Game Boy Advance which are two of the best consoles in the world, Nintendo have delivered yet another surprise for us.

When you heard the word Sony you thought of TV's, CD players and other things like that but a lot of people I've talked to didn't even say Playstation so nintendo proved the king of consoles and now taking over Sony it will be the greatest thing to happen to Nintendo.

Nintendo hac been doing games for about 20 years and Sony have been doing games for about 5 years so why did nintendo last longer? It is probably because Playstation was based around, sports, fighting and shooting games that it didn't have enough games for younger children and the N64 was based around everything you could think of, and the best known character-Mario- appeard on a lot of things from choclate eggs in spain to mario logos on trucks!

So what do you think is Nintendo or Sony better? Well it doesn't look like you have much of a choice sinse only Nintendo is left and so......

NINTENDO IS THE BEST!!!!

You have been reading the story of Nintendo

see y'a!
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:37
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Awesome Al wrote:
> I think that Nintendo is way better than Sony (In the games department), because
> Sony have no originality. Just take the new Zelda for the Gamecube for example.
> If it was up to Sony it would have been released as graphically updated version
> of the old ones. But Nintendo decide to be original and give it disney style
> graphics, just to give it a bit of originallity.

So basically Nintendo have
> originallity and Sony don't. That is why Nintendo is better than Sony.

Personally, i dont think you have a clue what you are talking about.
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:35
Regular
I think that Nintendo is way better than Sony (In the games department), because Sony have no originality. Just take the new Zelda for the Gamecube for example. If it was up to Sony it would have been released as graphically updated version of the old ones. But Nintendo decide to be original and give it disney style graphics, just to give it a bit of originallity.

So basically Nintendo have originallity and Sony don't. That is why Nintendo is better than Sony.
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
first of all please stop it with the console wars.

Secondly Nintendo's brilliance hasn't been around since the SNES, home of street fighter, mega man and many other surperb titles this was a FANTASTIC machine.

Nintendo then met up with Sony to create their next gen console but greedy Nintendo wouldn't let them have their well earned cash and dumped them, Sony threatend to sue but instead decided to make the greatest console EVER and take the lead in the console market :-)

Nintendo went off to panasonic to make the cartridge based, overpriced and hard to program N64 which is awful really :-(
it's had some good games like mario 64 but come on people that was a launch title. Ever since Nintendo has only been about one thing "rareware"

With the Only competition of the £400 sega saturn and the N64 the Playstation was flooded with all the class A titles and kicked Nintendo's behind REAL good ;-)

However the gamecube looks very nice and if games like the resident evil remake can be made with ease then it's got a very bright future ahead, but Sony still managed to preserve their unbeatable games lineup with the Playstation 2 which Nintendo simply lack :-D

Res
Sat 29/09/01 at 13:58
Both are great companies with great games to offer, at a push I would rather Nintendo over Sony. This isnt a knock at Sony but an aknowledgement that Nintendos main bread is gaming, Sony on the other hand could survive off its other electronic products and so dont have as big a need to make killer games!
Sat 29/09/01 at 13:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
GAH!!

It was a JOKE!! My topic was made up, it was satire, sarcasm, it was meant to be funny!

"Lollipop World,"?? "Alessandro In Broccoli Land,"??

PLease don't tell me you've spreaded this everywhere...
Sat 29/09/01 at 13:26
Regular
"Wasting away"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> boo! console wars.
stop it!

If i was to disagree with you right now then I would cut my feet off with a butchers knife then procceed to hack away at my limbs before slicing my brains out all over my computer.

But luckily for me I do agree with you.
Sat 29/09/01 at 13:23
"period drama"
boo! console wars.
stop it!
Sat 29/09/01 at 13:14
When you hear the word 'Nintendo' you think of a games company that is the home of Mario, but somehow Nintendo still lagged behind Sony with it's big hit the Playstation 2(PS2) but now out of the blue came a big wad of cash for Nintendo to buy up Sony! As well as the Gamecube (which is already out in Japan) and the Game Boy Advance which are two of the best consoles in the world, Nintendo have delivered yet another surprise for us.

When you heard the word Sony you thought of TV's, CD players and other things like that but a lot of people I've talked to didn't even say Playstation so nintendo proved the king of consoles and now taking over Sony it will be the greatest thing to happen to Nintendo.

Nintendo hac been doing games for about 20 years and Sony have been doing games for about 5 years so why did nintendo last longer? It is probably because Playstation was based around, sports, fighting and shooting games that it didn't have enough games for younger children and the N64 was based around everything you could think of, and the best known character-Mario- appeard on a lot of things from choclate eggs in spain to mario logos on trucks!

So what do you think is Nintendo or Sony better? Well it doesn't look like you have much of a choice sinse only Nintendo is left and so......

NINTENDO IS THE BEST!!!!

You have been reading the story of Nintendo

see y'a!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.