GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo- where will it's brilliance end"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/09/01 at 13:14
Regular
When you hear the word 'Nintendo' you think of a games company that is the home of Mario, but somehow Nintendo still lagged behind Sony with it's big hit the Playstation 2(PS2) but now out of the blue came a big wad of cash for Nintendo to buy up Sony! As well as the Gamecube (which is already out in Japan) and the Game Boy Advance which are two of the best consoles in the world, Nintendo have delivered yet another surprise for us.

When you heard the word Sony you thought of TV's, CD players and other things like that but a lot of people I've talked to didn't even say Playstation so nintendo proved the king of consoles and now taking over Sony it will be the greatest thing to happen to Nintendo.

Nintendo hac been doing games for about 20 years and Sony have been doing games for about 5 years so why did nintendo last longer? It is probably because Playstation was based around, sports, fighting and shooting games that it didn't have enough games for younger children and the N64 was based around everything you could think of, and the best known character-Mario- appeard on a lot of things from choclate eggs in spain to mario logos on trucks!

So what do you think is Nintendo or Sony better? Well it doesn't look like you have much of a choice sinse only Nintendo is left and so......

NINTENDO IS THE BEST!!!!

You have been reading the story of Nintendo

see y'a!
Sun 30/09/01 at 12:03
There are so, SO many logical flaws in this topic:

Matthewetta wrote:
> When you hear the word 'Nintendo' you think of a games company that is the home
> of Mario, but somehow Nintendo still lagged behind Sony with it's big hit the
> Playstation 2(PS2) but now out of the blue came a big wad of cash for Nintendo
> to buy up Sony!

Eh??? Firstly, Nintendo is lagging behind Sony because Sony have far better marketting, and paid much more attention to the customer and game developers when they made the PSX than when Ninty made the N64. Oh, and what's this about Ninty buying Sony... eh? Now there's a joke.

As well as the Gamecube (which is already out in Japan) and the
> Game Boy Advance which are two of the best consoles in the world, Nintendo have
> delivered yet another surprise for us.

What makes them "the best". The answer is that the ONLY thing that makes console good is their games. Clearly, the GC will have some greats like Zelda and Mario... but is the PS2's range of games so bad? For every Zelda the GC has, the PS2 has a Final Fantasy. Both of these consoles are great.

When you heard the word Sony you
> thought of TV's, CD players and other things like that but a lot of people I've
> talked to didn't even say Playstation so nintendo proved the king of consoles
> and now taking over Sony it will be the greatest thing to happen to Nintendo.

On the contrary, the fact that Sony has a MUCH bigger share in the console industry compared to ninty proves that Sony have done a great job in spreading the word about the PS2. Almost everyone in the UK will have heard of the PS1 and PS2... only people who pay particular attention to the gaming news have even heard of the Gamecube... there haven't even been any ads!

>

Nintendo hac been doing games for about 20 years and Sony have been doing
> games for about 5 years so why did nintendo last longer?

Because they entered it earlier perhaps?

It is probably because
> Playstation was based around, sports, fighting and shooting games that it didn't
> have enough games for younger children and the N64 was based around everything
> you could think of, and the best known character-Mario- appeard on a lot of
> things from choclate eggs in spain to mario logos on trucks!

So it's a bad thing that Sony have plenty of adult orientated games and a good thing that Ninty make more kiddy games? Well blow me away! I'm so sure the PSone was far more successful than the N64!

So what do you
> think is Nintendo or Sony better? Well it doesn't look like you have much of a
> choice sinse only Nintendo is left and so......

NINTENDO IS THE
> BEST!!!!

You logic is so far ahead of me that I cannot comprehend it!
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:42
mmmmmmmm pork chops
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I can't believe he actually thought that was real!
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:32
My word, you lot just can't resist can you.

"Oh no, someone has a different opinion to me, must list games in pointless bid to change someones opinion to my own!!! The world depends on it"

See what happens when you be funny Ant! Opening the "console wars door" is no laughing matter!

Still, now we have some names for FOG (pre school), so its not all bad.
Sun 30/09/01 at 02:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Awesome Al wrote:
> I think that Nintendo is way better than Sony (In the games department), because
> Sony have no originality.

Waverace: Blue Storm, Zelda , SSS Melee, Perfect Dark 0, Extreme-G 3, Mario Sunshine, SSX Tricky, Eternal Darkness, THPS3, Donkey Kong, Turok Evolution, Mario Kart Cube, do you want me to go on?
Sat 29/09/01 at 15:24
"period drama"
too right!

(dark cloud does indeed rule)
Sat 29/09/01 at 15:03
Regular
"round the outside"
i agree with pro evo because your complaining that sony have no originality u can only come up with zelda rite well either u are to young to understand or u dont get out but these people called sony dont have originality when they make games like METAL GEAR SOLID 2 , GT3, DARK CLOUD(better than zelda) SMACKDOWN 3,THE BOUNCER,DEVIL MAY CRY, PRO EVO SOCCER i could go on but i cant be bothered so next time u say sony have no originality think before you type.

i cant stand console wars:P
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:52
Regular
"360: swfcman"
When you say there is no origanal games on PS2, you obviously dont know what you are talking about mate.
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
dunno why i bother but how many updates have Sony made? NONE, GT3 maybe, but I aint complaining :-)

How many games have nintendo "updated" or just slapped 64/GC on the end? ever since mario all stars my friend. All a new nintendo console is a new zelda, new mario and a new mario kart.

Have a nice day :-)
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:48
Regular
I think he knows what he is talking about Pro Evo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.