GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict Desert Storm 2 Vs Freedom Fighters Vs Killzone"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 19:38
Regular
Right the forum is dead so I thought I would write a bit about these three games and which I think will be best.

Desert Storm 2.
The second installment looks good so far, but even though the graphics have been tidied up and you have a new 360º thingy which means your 4 man squad will search for targets like they really should.
I find the new additions to the game a bit dissapointing mainly due to the fact that there are hardly none whilst i was expecting a complete overhaul of the last game which would sort out certain parts but they have just seemed to have tidied it up and put new missions in. With the first Desert Storm game being my over all best game ever, I will still buy this game due to the fact that this game will still feature the four guys from the last game (Bradley Foley Conners Jones) instead of the other four that they had originally planned on. The graphics do look alot crisper from the screen shots i have seen and what i would like to see is your 4 men teaming up with possibly another 4 (not online just for a mission or two) I think this game will get an 9/10 from OPS2 but I am also looking into the direction of another game called:

Freedom fighters.
Now I dont actually know if this is called what I have put but its what was in OPS2 (I thought it had a *battle for liberty island* tag some where). Basically this is similar to a game I played a while ago on the PSone, i cant remember the name but it basically it did what this game is doing. you take control of a nobody (lets call him Asher D ;D) anyways you have to guide Asher D through loads of stuff on your own and then when you do certain things you get charisma points which can be used to make other people follow you. it takes one charisma point to get a person to follow you. These people will apparantly fight to the death for you and they also have advanced AI which sounds good, but the enemy also are very clever, They hide behind boxes etc and attack as if its a real person.
OPS2 gave it a 9/10 and said "Everyone should play this" and in all honesty i think it looks better then Desert Storm 2. Heres an example of what you can do - Whilst playing as Asher D if you have enough charisma points you will be able to gain a maximum of 12 group members, you could get 3 to stay with you, 3 to attack some where and the other 6 to help as back up to them. This game got 9/10 from OPS2

Killzone.
This game has been around for a year already and the first official screenshot was only just released in this months OPS2 magazine it is set in the future and it is about aliens attacking planets that people from earth have conquered, you take control of 1 of 4 people who are loyal to earth and you try and defend your planets. This will be online and in OPS2 it says that you will be able to play with 3 other people online (to make the four-some) but with many houses still without a broadband enabled area this could be a problem. Could this came be the first REAL killer APP title for PS2 or is it like that simpsons episode where you were not allowed to see some thing for ages but then when everyone finally paid and seen it they found out it was poo.

What do you think?
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:40
Regular
The new issue of OPS2 comes out this week so i will see if there is a playable demo of Desert storm 2 in there, it has a review aswell.
Sat 30/08/03 at 14:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Played a demo of both Freedom Fighter and Conflict Desert Storm 2 on the PC. While I think Desert Storm will fare better on consoles, I didn't much like it. Too easy for liking and not much fun either.

Freedom Fighter however was quite the opposite. I didn't pay much attension to it until I played the demo, but now that I have this will certainly be a game I'll looking forward to in the future. Think of it as hitman 2, but with more action. The teamplay works well, the level design is top notch and it's as action packed and exciting as most other action games I've played recently.
Sat 30/08/03 at 14:17
Regular
Desert storm II should come out this week, I bought the new PSW yesterday and it had a video of Desert storm II in it as well as a review. They gave it 7/10 which is not that great but the video looked amazing. The sound was more realistic for the guns and Conners can actually move around whilst firing his gun. Also now all for people are active if you are in a vehicle. You have 1 driver, 1 person on a machine gun next to him, 1 person on the rocket launcher on top and then some one firing behind.
Sun 24/08/03 at 14:56
Regular
Yeh, i never knew you had a PS2 monkey man, im waiting for the Co-op mode, that will be good, shame it won't have i-link capabilites.
Sun 24/08/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ooh, didn't see this thread. I'm looking forward to all 3 games, to be honest. Haven't seen much on Killzone yet, but that screenshot in that magazine looked like XBox type graphics on a PS2!
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:31
Regular
I guess the 360º team layout thing will be accessed by the L2 button because that was the only button not used last time.
Tue 19/08/03 at 18:21
Regular
Yeah that was the PSM2 review, they said it would have got 90% but because of the new dying rule (as i talked about earlier) it didnt get it.
Tue 19/08/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Complete Banker"
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/reviews/default.asp? [space] subsectionid=166&articleid=65785&pagetype=2

C:DS2 - got a decent review.
Mon 18/08/03 at 22:13
Regular
I think he is thinking of that *ManHunt* game
Mon 18/08/03 at 14:56
How did you come up with Rockstar, Tiltawhirl?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.