GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Opinion Please..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/09/01 at 19:12
Regular
This is my first site that I have done from HTML and it is my schools official one and I would like to know what you think of it. Here is the link

http://www.nortoncanes-high.staffs.sch.uk

I am not advertising this site because why would I want to advertise my schools web site, I just want to know what you think of it :-)

Thanks.
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:10
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Nice site AK.
Sun 30/09/01 at 09:52
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
cjh wrote:
> I wouldn't have the Site open in those Pop-Up windows either.

I really wanted that layout though, I'm not sure if there is another way that I could do it...
Sun 30/09/01 at 01:29
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I wouldn't have the Site open in those Pop-Up windows either.
Sat 29/09/01 at 12:42
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Thank you for all that, I wern't to keen on the colour scheme but they are the colours of the school so I really have no input on that decision. Most of it is still under construction because I have only put on the site things that I have been given by various teachers.

I'll change the font and will try and make some better buttons, thanks for your help.
Sat 29/09/01 at 11:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Brace yourself:

Blue on red is a very bad idea. In fact, it's disasterous. You obviously have no design skill at all whatsoever. No one in their right minds could ever consider a scheme like that without having a gun pointed at their head. "Site best viewed at 800x600" Get rid of this. I'll view this site at any res I bloody well want, and it's your job to make sure that it will work.

Popups are the tool of the devil. I can't see any reason why you decided to use them. And why, may I ask, have you decided to get rid of the nav toolbar? Why the *cough* would you want to do that? How am I supposed to navigate your bloody site without navigation?!?!?!. I think you're just showing off saying "look what I can do". Well, it's not clever. In fact, you have only succeeded in making yourself look like a plank.

"Flash site under construction". If it's not done yet, why did you put the link there? Nobody likes Flash anyway unless it's interesting, and I'll take a wild guess that it won't.

As for the main HTML site, couldn't you knock up some more inspiring buttons? They're plain, boring and I really think you could do better with the software you've obviously got. One more thing, why doesn't any text load up by default? I've spent 2 minutes waiting for it, only to realise it's not coming! Even something saying "select an item from the left" would have done.

A tip: Never, ever use a font other than Arial or Verdana under any circumstances. You're lucky I've got "georgia", or the site would just show up in Times. Georgia's an ugly font anyway, why did you choose that?

Apart from that lot, I think the curved borders are a clever idea. You are commended for that, although frames really shouldn't be used, for far too many reasons to go into. Only use them if it's absolutely, 100% necessary.
Sat 29/09/01 at 11:26
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Well, the whole point of this topic was to get a bit of constructive critism from more experienced web designers.
Sat 29/09/01 at 01:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Exactly.
Sat 29/09/01 at 00:45
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Whenever Rob actually speaks his mind, you can be sure it'll be followed by a string of comments about him being too harsh and not constructive. Probably true, but everything he says is too...it's his honest opinion, which seems to make people run off crying..
Sat 29/09/01 at 00:41
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Regulars will know what I'm talking about.

We do?.......

Name one occasion where anyone else on this forum has had a clue what youre talking about! :-)
Sat 29/09/01 at 00:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sigh means that I don't want to say anything about the site, because you wouldn't like it.

Regulars will know what I'm talking about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.