GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I get Half Life?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Thu 14/08/03 at 09:14
Regular
I'm considering getting the HALF - LIFE GENERATION 3 pack thingy. Should I get it. It only costs £17.99 from SR. I've never played Half-Life and I'm not sure if I should get it. Please may I have opinions.

Thanks
Thu 14/08/03 at 15:43
Regular
Thanks, my computer's quite new. Thanks for informing me.
Thu 14/08/03 at 15:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> I went onto the official Half-Life website and it said that you needed
> x2 CD-ROM drive. What does this mean? does it mean I have to have
> two CD drives?

Hehe, no, it just means the speed of your CD-Rom. It's nothing much to worry about, and unless your PC is over six years old I would guess it's far above the x2 you need for the original Half-life.

As for the game itself, I'd say it's worth getting, if not for the single player than for the multiplayer side of things. Half-Life has a great online community and you can download some excellent mods for free to play on it like Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat and Team Fortress.
Thu 14/08/03 at 15:26
Regular
I went onto the official Half-Life website and it said that you needed x2 CD-ROM drive. What does this mean? does it mean I have to have two CD drives?
Thu 14/08/03 at 12:18
Regular
My brother's getting half life 2 so I'm not going to get that.
Thu 14/08/03 at 11:44
Regular
Yay! Someone else who's heard it!
Thu 14/08/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Isn't Half-Life free from Valve? (using that Steam program thing)
Thu 14/08/03 at 10:51
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I'd wait for the sequel now, undoubtedly there will be promotions which give away Half Life with it, or in double packs.
Thu 14/08/03 at 10:13
Regular
Well if you like shoot em ups that actually require you to think and not just press left click and aim, then get Half-Life.
Thu 14/08/03 at 09:14
Regular
I'm considering getting the HALF - LIFE GENERATION 3 pack thingy. Should I get it. It only costs £17.99 from SR. I've never played Half-Life and I'm not sure if I should get it. Please may I have opinions.

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.