GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I get Half Life?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Thu 14/08/03 at 09:14
Regular
I'm considering getting the HALF - LIFE GENERATION 3 pack thingy. Should I get it. It only costs £17.99 from SR. I've never played Half-Life and I'm not sure if I should get it. Please may I have opinions.

Thanks
Sat 16/08/03 at 23:03
Regular
A game that dissapointed me was Max Payne. It just wasn't what I expected. I played the 1st mission and hated it.
Sat 16/08/03 at 18:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well your not missing much. It's like a much poorer version of Serious sam, you have lots of guns and there are lots of things to shoot.

I enjoyed the demo of serious sam, but I got extremely bored of the demo of Will Rock and the fact that it came out and went straight to a near budget price seems to suggest the developers knew this as well.
Sat 16/08/03 at 16:35
Regular
Never heard of will rock...
Sat 16/08/03 at 09:49
Regular
What are you talking about?
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:47
Regular
im intruiged by the demo of will rock. it's a decent game, i love it. now i just gotta buy it........

love the graphic quality aswell. it could give UT2K3's G-engine a run for it's money, and at twice the FPS.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:44
Regular
Pandemonium wrote:
> I remember first seeing the opening sequence, and pulling my jaw off
> the floor.

what, the tram? it's ok, but not THAT exciting.
Fri 15/08/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> I'm considering getting the HALF - LIFE GENERATION 3 pack thingy.
> Should I get it. It only costs £17.99 from SR. I've never
> played Half-Life and I'm not sure if I should get it. Please may I
> have opinions.
>
> Thanks

If you've never playing it, a resounding "yes". Classic game (apart from the alien xen levels)

Hl2 is a continuation of the storyline, so it's worth playing.

I remember first seeing the opening sequence, and pulling my jaw off the floor.
Fri 15/08/03 at 09:28
Regular
Ah good for u then.
Fri 15/08/03 at 09:07
Regular
I bought it yesterday from the SR website.
Fri 15/08/03 at 09:06
Regular
Half-Life is one of those games that's a must have and since it's so cheap then you should get it right away :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.