GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games import sites?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/08/03 at 10:13
Regular
Anyone know any decent importers, don't really want to use Goblin and Importmadness.co.uk seems to have vanished.

So anyone know any decent sites to get US games? preferably quite cheap.
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> gamesimporter.com are still importing GC games, £45 plus
> £2 p&p for F-Zero, they're quite good.

They have now reduced prices of their USA imports to £42 inc P&P, so so tempted to order F-Zero, refuse to pay the Goblin memebership (£20 for 6 months and £25 for year)
Sun 17/08/03 at 17:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dr Duck wrote:
> It does make the company look bad.
> My 'loyalty' is dwindling. Which is probably a good thing for me, but
> bad for ninty.
> Xbox 2 anyone?

Sacrilege!
Sun 17/08/03 at 17:34
Regular
Ebay.
Sat 16/08/03 at 17:44
Regular
It does make the company look bad.
My 'loyalty' is dwindling. Which is probably a good thing for me, but bad for ninty.
Xbox 2 anyone?
Sat 16/08/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Supposedly Nintendo sent letters out to all importers and some people who have been importing their stuff and threatening legal action if they continue. It's something to do with the fact that it says on the game packaging that this game should not be sold or distributed outside of wherever it came from n stuff!

Wonder if this will stop anyone!

Personally I think Nintendo should get their head out of their ar$e and stop annoying the masses. If their not going to release games in certain countries then why shouldn't people import those games etc. Plus this isn't doing Nintendo's already dying image any favours!

Stupid company!

Why don't they just concentrate on releasing some bloomin' games for a change rather than moan about people actually wanting to play their games!

grrr-argh

:[
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:25
Regular
So they haven' actually gone, you just couldn't get to their web site.

Well done.

*Stops hissy fit*
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:12
Regular
Apparently North America had a big power cut so all the these sites were offline for a while. They should be back now.
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I can still get import madness...
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:57
Regular
dvdboxoffice are gone?

*Throws hissy fit*
Fri 15/08/03 at 17:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ebay is always the best bet...try and fine someone who will post stuff to the UK. Postage is not bad either. If I see an auction I like the look of, i normally contact the seller to see if they have anymore copies of the game etc, and they normally arrange a cheaper price for you. Rather than messing about with auctions and there are normally loads of wholesalers on. Thats how i got my GBA for £50 only a few weeks after the US release date. (I bought 2 and made a killing on Ebay with the other) I also managed to get my copy of AC and freeloader posted to me for 28 quid, so they arent that bad :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.