GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Releases Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/08/03 at 13:14
Regular
So, the season to be emptying the bank account and credit card is rapidly approaching upon on us, as the summer weather disappears it's replaced by the glow from tv screens showing the latest games.

Unless someone memorised them, I'd say there is far too many new releases for Xbox to remember for the run up to Christmas.

So, what have you all got on preorder (don't say where from) and what are you most looking forward to ?

At the moment I've got Soul Calibur 2, Ghost Recon Island Thunder, Conflict Desert Storm 2 and Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic preordered and the other ones I want are Otogi, Project Gotham 2 and...hmm forgot.

Seeing as we all like different games then we can kickstart each others memories or maybe learn of a game we don't no about.

A lightly lame topic, but we're not exactly overflowing in here y'know ?
Mon 18/08/03 at 10:27
Regular
I haven't pre-ordered any yet, and I don't think I will, as (for some reason) I prefer to go to shops to buy my games.

However, on the MUST HAVE (or pretty close) list are:

Project Gotham 2
Halo 2
True Crime
Soul Calibur 2

That's all I can think of at the moment...
Sun 17/08/03 at 19:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> There's quite a few glitches I noticed, like when a driver exited a
> car, the door didn't open correctly and the guy appeared on the roof,
> which is just wrong.

Well that was me being a bit silly actually, on closer inspection and watching the video in slow motion to look at all the little niggles. (I was bored) the guy actually climbs up through the sunroof to get out of the car, which is actually quite clever.
Sat 16/08/03 at 20:25
Regular
Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Academy and probably True Crime for me. It seems, however, that the 'Cube will be emptying my bank account this year though, with a literal ton of great releases for crimbo.
Sat 16/08/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Bah, actually it turns out I have nothing preordered according to Game. I rang to enquire about something and asked about when the games would be delivered, 'cause if you spend over £100 you get free express shipping. However it seems if you do this with preorders then they wait to group them all into one package, which sucks, hence I've cancelled.

I might actually just go out and buy them, went out to Notts today and everything I bought was cheaper than any internet site, and I got it straight away....plus I got free drinks, a chocolate bar, ignored big issue sellers/survey people, and saw an old school friend.
Sat 16/08/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Actually I'm now quite pleased to see True Crime has slipped, to me it looks like it needs quite a bit more work done to it yet.

I've just got the newest XBOX World mag, and the footage of True Crime on the demo dvd doesn't look all that hot to be honest. There's quite a few glitches I noticed, like when a driver exited a car, the door didn't open correctly and the guy appeared on the roof, which is just wrong. There was horendous (sp?) pop-up and some textures looked pretty bland, like the grass, it just looks flat and lifeless, and the sun didn't reflect off the windows or roads, which is now quite a common thing with X-Box titles now. The city just seemed to look dead and didn't provide the same sort of atmosphere as Vice City does. The fight sections look brilliant though, but the driving sections are bad.

Basically, to me the game looks like it needs a lot of work done yet, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed again, because at this stage, it certainly doesn't look like it'll be a Vice City beater.

I've chosen this as a GAD anyway, so if it does turn out to be nothing more than average then I won't feel too bad about it, but I would like to see this title pushed as far as it can go, and maybe be a little special. Hopefully things will be sorted out before release eh?
Fri 15/08/03 at 23:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tis like the Cube.

I tells ya, fully supporting 2 consoles would be hell....
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Still not convinced that True Crime is going to be good, if it is I'll get it, but not preordering it. CDS2 is a risk, but the PC demo plays well so no reason the Xbox one shouldn't, and I liked the original.

XIII is intriguing, but cartoon/cel type animation is not something I like in games unless it's anime style so I'll probably steer clear of that. Pretty disappointed Sudeki has slipped back again.

Having said that the assault on our wallets looks set to continue into the first quarter of 2004 with Sudeki, Halo 2, Fable, Doom 3, to name but a few.

No one has mentioned Raven Shield Rainbow Six 3, or Counterstrike !! Or the new Buffy, or Return Of The King ! Or Medal Of Honour Rising Sun (if its any good...).... too many games damnit.
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Remember me?"
Oh yeah... Tony Hawk's Underground and Vice City. Forgot about them, me did.
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Oh, and Otogi, how could I have forgotten that!?!
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The Scribbler wrote:
> True Crime:Streets of L A is out on 7th November.

Damn release date slipageness, I thought that was still due for 19th Sept, oh well. That's the only game I have pre-ordered.

But I'm also looking forward to:

KOTOR
PGR2
Tony Hawks: Underground
Armed and Dangerous

And keeping an eye on the Vice City rumours

There are others but I can't remember them all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.