GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 3 details"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Sat 16/08/03 at 19:20
Regular
Since finding out that Winning Eleven 7 will be exactly the same as Pro Evo 3, I thought I’d bring you some details about it.

New trick moves, such as Zidane’s 360 turn which can be performed by anyone, the fakies are still in there with more variations and a sort of over-head flick, these Moves can be seen here http://www.newstarsoccer.com/html/we7_master_class.htm . They can be performed using the analogue stick, but don’t fret, manual pass is still there.

A “Liberio Grande” mode has now been implemented, where you choose to be 1 person of the team, a lot of fun apparently.

The “Enemy” AI can evolve, supposedly meaning that it’ll learn how you play.

80% of the animations have been re-done, so you don’t hit a 30-yard screamer the same as you hit a tap in.

The referee now plays advantage, when this happens there is a little icon of a ref with his hands down signalling the advantage. But the home/away will affect the ref’s decisions.

No more “Oranges001” fake names will now be used.

Now there’s a WE Shop (Likely to be re-named PE Shop) where you can buy stadiums, hair-styles, more options for edit mode, faster gameplay, the Adidas Tricolor ball which will most likely be removed due to the WE= Adidas and PES= Umbro

4 teams have been licensed, AC Milan, Parma, Lazio and Roma, it is yet to be knows whether these will be carried into PES3, but it is reported that Konami are chasing other teams for their kits during the wait until PES3

The crowd will leave the stadium as the game progresses if you’re doing a Sunderland. Their clothing will also change depending on the weather, the crowd noise is also much more lively, like the World Cup in Japan.

There will be 20 stadiums in total, new ones include:-
Stamford Bridge,
Stadio Delle Alpi,
Stadio Olympico,
Sapporo Dome,
Anfield

Official names and kit for South Korea (!!!)

The Master league has been redone, 64 teams divided into 4 divisions, depending on their location, theres now a player search function

Players can now get bandages for injuries on their legs and head, they also drink water to replenish energy.

New sequence before Penalties, which shows the player placing the ball on the spot, this has been seen with Roberto Baggio and Beckham

No more of that crappy shirt tugging when 2 opposion players clash.

You can name your cursor instead of P1 or P2 etc.

And Finally, crossing is harder and less accurate when performed whilst running.
Mon 01/09/03 at 14:47
Regular
"es argh"
Oh, and Handballs are now implemented...

:D
Mon 01/09/03 at 14:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Badgerman wrote:
> the ball also had no
> pattern, but we know it's gonna be an adidas ball

Does it really matter what the ball looks like? As long as it's round it doesn't make any difference from where I'm standing.
Mon 01/09/03 at 14:50
Regular
"es argh"
And unlike previous versions, there will be no Winning Eleven 7 Final Evolution, I'm not sure yet if there's gonna be a Winning Eleven 7: J-League which, if released, will be the last version of WE7
Mon 01/09/03 at 14:52
Regular
"es argh"
Blank wrote:
> Badgerman wrote:
> the ball also had no
> pattern, but we know it's gonna be an adidas ball
>
> Does it really matter what the ball looks like? As long as it's round
> it doesn't make any difference from where I'm standing.

Urgh, after playing PES2 non stop that crappy Umbro ball has annoyed the hell out of me, sounds ridiculous, but it's so dull! The Fevernova ball looks so realistic when spinning in the air.

And the Sportivo Finale ball (Champions League) which is gonna be used in PES3 is just as funky.
Mon 01/09/03 at 15:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've never even taken the time to notice the ball. You see, I'm too busy playing the game.
Mon 01/09/03 at 16:07
Regular
"es argh"
But it's such a boring pattern, black lines, but the Fevernova is cool!
Mon 01/09/03 at 19:18
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Badgerman wrote:

> And another point, you can run in 32 directions, or maybe 16, unlike
> the (crappy) 8 in PES2...

Well, there were 16 different directions in PES2, and i didn't mind that, as you just needed to let go of R1 of you wanted to turn tightly or turn 180°. The fact that the referee still gives free-kicks/penalties when you get the ball and then touch the player really does suck. Also, i'm not too keen on the referees being biased towards one team, as this should only happen when playing at Trad Brick Stadium (Old Trafford). Oh, and i'm not sure whether PES3 will have the Adidas license, as Owen was wearing a pair of the new Umbro boots in the latest PES3 demo of the game. Just thought i'd spoil it for you :)
Mon 01/09/03 at 19:24
Regular
"  "
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> All I want is a full Premier league - is that too much to ask. Or, in
> the event of not having every team, the ability to create one from
> scratch and create your own league with your own teams. Instant
> Premiership.

You could theorectically (Eugh big word) do this. There are 2 teams in the game (WE FC and PES United) which can be edited into two Premiership teams. West Ham can go aswell. And you could replace a few other teams to make up the other 5 or so Prem teams. Then you can make a custom legues easily. I have done this, but I added Rangers, Celtic, and Real Madrid to make up the numbers.

Oh and get rid of the fevernova! Get Nike balls. :P
Mon 01/09/03 at 19:27
Regular
"  "
ELJUICY wrote:
> Badgerman wrote:
>
> And another point, you can run in 32 directions, or maybe 16, unlike
> the (crappy) 8 in PES2...
>
> Well, there were 16 different directions in PES2, and i didn't mind
> that, as you just needed to let go of R1 of you wanted to turn
> tightly or turn 180°.

It's practically full 360o control this time.

The fact that the referee still gives
> free-kicks/penalties when you get the ball and then touch the player
> really does suck.

Freekicks only happen when the player touched first now.

Also, i'm not too keen on the referees being biased
> towards one team, as this should only happen when playing at Trad
> Brick Stadium (Old Trafford).

You can edit this to your liking. ;)

>Oh, and i'm not sure whether PES3 will
> have the Adidas license, as Owen was wearing a pair of the new Umbro
> boots in the latest PES3 demo of the game. Just thought i'd spoil it
> for you :)

You're correct. :P
Mon 01/09/03 at 19:29
Regular
The fevernova rules, Nath.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.