GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box mods."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
We all know that the X-Box ain't the best looking console out there, but in this months issue of XBOX world, there's a feature about people who have modified their X-Box's.

They take their Box's totally apart, and spray paint them in many different colours and designs. Some were very cool looking, and some were just totally genius. Some were sprayed, some had the big green 'jewel' removed and replaced it with a designer 'jewel', and some modified the existing jewel, and stripped the paint off to make it clear, then wired up an LED to the hard-drive, and placed it under the jewel, so that the machine glowed various colours.

There's a link in the mag that I'll put up here shortly that has all the modded box's featured.

So has anyone here designed their X-Boxes? I quite fancy doing something myself if I can find the strength to dismantle the best console in my collection.

:)
Sun 17/08/03 at 11:57
Regular
spray painting an xbox?

this person in the magazine obviously had way too much time on his hands.

sad git.

maybe I'll attach some wooden panelling to my tv aswell
Sun 17/08/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Remember me?"
And wings. And a propeller. It'll be....

AN ASTONISHING FLYING MACHINE!!!
Sun 17/08/03 at 12:58
Regular
"\\"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Also what's the point in having a larger harddrive? Unless you own
> 1000's of games then there's no point, I've got tons of space left on
> mine , I don't think there's anyway I'll ever fill it up with game
> saves.

You can save songs on the x box so you don't need cd's. I think some games have a feature to play your own music in game if it's in the hardrive.
Sun 17/08/03 at 13:05
Regular
My Xbox still says "55,000+ blocks left" so i've got quite a bit of space.
Sun 17/08/03 at 13:07
Regular
"\\"
heh... My brother put about 400 tracks on and still had 5500+ blocks left :D
Sun 17/08/03 at 13:07
Regular
"\\"
55 000*
Sun 17/08/03 at 13:11
Regular
I don't think anyone has actually hit the barrier where it goes below 55000
Sun 17/08/03 at 13:28
Regular
"\\"
no, lol
Sun 17/08/03 at 15:48
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Heh, you can play xboxlive with a mod-chip, there's a switch to turn the switch off, so you can have your xbox in its original state, and in regards to the HDD, just means I can rent or borrow a game and burn it to the HDD, then it's mine forever(unless the drive explodes), and load times are uber fast, games like morrowind benefit from this, geez that game has 5 minute loading times, I swear. If you don't like it, don't get it? :|

Oh yeah, the chip has loadsa applications, a dongle-free dvd player(saves me from buying that dvd control), a media player, in which you can watch avi, mpegs, play mp3s and god know's what else, view pictures, and yes before you have the urge to say ''it's practically a pc'' then you would be sortof right, and yes, that's exactly what microsoft didn't want it to be. ;/
Sun 17/08/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Remember me?"
No one's managed to get below 55,000 blocks 'cos apparently there's like 300,000 blocks on the HD. So you'd need a s**tload of games, a s**tload of music and a s**tload of time to fill it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.