GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box mods."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
We all know that the X-Box ain't the best looking console out there, but in this months issue of XBOX world, there's a feature about people who have modified their X-Box's.

They take their Box's totally apart, and spray paint them in many different colours and designs. Some were very cool looking, and some were just totally genius. Some were sprayed, some had the big green 'jewel' removed and replaced it with a designer 'jewel', and some modified the existing jewel, and stripped the paint off to make it clear, then wired up an LED to the hard-drive, and placed it under the jewel, so that the machine glowed various colours.

There's a link in the mag that I'll put up here shortly that has all the modded box's featured.

So has anyone here designed their X-Boxes? I quite fancy doing something myself if I can find the strength to dismantle the best console in my collection.

:)
Sat 16/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
We all know that the X-Box ain't the best looking console out there, but in this months issue of XBOX world, there's a feature about people who have modified their X-Box's.

They take their Box's totally apart, and spray paint them in many different colours and designs. Some were very cool looking, and some were just totally genius. Some were sprayed, some had the big green 'jewel' removed and replaced it with a designer 'jewel', and some modified the existing jewel, and stripped the paint off to make it clear, then wired up an LED to the hard-drive, and placed it under the jewel, so that the machine glowed various colours.

There's a link in the mag that I'll put up here shortly that has all the modded box's featured.

So has anyone here designed their X-Boxes? I quite fancy doing something myself if I can find the strength to dismantle the best console in my collection.

:)
Sat 16/08/03 at 20:59
Regular
Had a flick through the mag the other day actually.

Some of them looked really nice; there was this really well done X-Men one that I'd kill for. Shame it's a one off.. though I expect they'd go for loads on eBay.

Personally though, I don't mind the look of my Xbox as it is.
Sat 16/08/03 at 21:02
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Personally though, I don't mind the look of my Xbox as it is.

Same here! I don't see why people moan about it - It's a simple design.

Although making the centre jewel 'glow' green would be nice :P
Sun 17/08/03 at 01:04
Regular
"Remember me?"
While having a modified "one of a kind" XBox would be cool, mine's fine the way it is. If I'm being totally honest, I do tend to look at the TV screen when I'm playing on the XBox, and not look at the XBox itself. Guess I'm just weird like that.
Sun 17/08/03 at 01:04
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
I had my xbox modded, but not in a cover design way. I had a 120gb HDD built in, and a mod-chip to enable a multitude of things, it's freaking awesome, also there's a stupidly bright blue light built onto the front :P
Sun 17/08/03 at 10:04
Regular
Didn't Microsoft say that if you have a modded Xbox then you won't be able to go on Xbox LIve?

Can't really see the point of modding them to be honest. It's already an ugly piece of kit, why bring even more attention to it?

Also what's the point in having a larger harddrive? Unless you own 1000's of games then there's no point, I've got tons of space left on mine , I don't think there's anyway I'll ever fill it up with game saves.
Sun 17/08/03 at 10:45
Regular
Bigger Hard Drive = Space to *save* actual games to the drive (e.g run them without a disc)
Sun 17/08/03 at 10:47
Regular
Yeah but only fags do that.
Sun 17/08/03 at 11:02
Regular
I'd rather insert a un-peeled pinapple into my rectum then have the hassle of mod-chipping my Xbox. It's rather pointless and homosexual.

Most modchips just allow you to play emulated games on them aswell. I would'nt be surprised if the "saved games" have a loss in quality to normal ones.
Sun 17/08/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Yeah but only fags do that.

LMAO. Best choice of words ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.