GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS1 Rankings"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Sun 17/08/03 at 23:07
Regular
So, can anyone remember the rankings they got after completing Metal Gear Solid on the PSX?

My first ever was Leopard but that was on easy, and then my CD buggered up and I never got anymore rankings despite completing it 5 or 6 more times.

Anyway we gave it a good clean and now it's working (according to my bro) and I'm about to complete the game on hard (without the radar.) However I'm just about to face Vulcan Raven for the second time and I'm really not too sure how I'm gonna beat him without the radar.

So what was your best ranking? I'm sure I've got a magazine somewhere which tells you the best (although obviously if you get Fox or Snake you've done something pretty special), I'll see if I can find it.

Also I saved an extra game just after beating Sniper Wold for the second time so I can watch that all-time classic FMV sequence whenever I want. :D

Okay, I'm off to face Raven and become extremely frustrated, probably breaking my controller by throwing it on the floor at extreme velocities...playing it through again makes you realise how much better it is than Sons Of Liberty...I can't believe they're remaking it on the GameCube. {:(
Wed 20/08/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I have to admit I never played MGS1. It just didn't interest me. I got MGS2 and played through once but there just wasn't anything to my interest to bring me back to it so I sold it. The MGS games aren't my cup of tea I guess.
Wed 20/08/03 at 18:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's an all time great, no doubt.

I don't think I ever did it with no radar, or at least I didn't get very far. I might try it sometime, seeing as my PS2's broken.
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
Beating Raven without a radar is a real b!tch. :S He's all right at first but then he starts running and I can't keep track of where he is.

Getting there though.

I love this game. {:)
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Sure it sounds better, but a mongoose would thrash a snake. There's an insect called something like "Satan's carriage" - sounds better than "elephant", but I know who I'd rather back in a fight.

And by the way, you'll probably never watch that cut scene until next time you play it. I did the same with the motorbike FMV in FFVII, never watched it since.
Mon 18/08/03 at 12:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmm, possibly, but wouldn't you rather infiltrate a nuclear base as a snake rather than a mongoose?

"Colonel, this is Mongoose, I'm in front of the disposal facility."

:D

Cheers for link by the way.
Mon 18/08/03 at 01:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Don't we? I thought we did...
Mon 18/08/03 at 01:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well since we have no idea how the animals are being ranked it doesnt matter.
Mon 18/08/03 at 01:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Hang on - rank 10 for easy mode is mongoose. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the mongoose one of the few animals that eats snakes?
Mon 18/08/03 at 01:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This page tells you all the rankings

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ (space)psx/file/metal_gear_solid_rankings.txt
Mon 18/08/03 at 01:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think I got Leopard as well. Sounds familiar. Somewhere around 8 hours playtime, and I can't remember any other statistics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.